Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Jane
Having had no luck earlier in the year trying to subscribe I am now trying your idea David. Have sent the email and am waiting for it to come back as not working - just come as user unknown but realise that may have copied the address wrongly and so have resent and awaiting unknown to reappear. The latest reply says that I have been forwarded for approval. So now to see what happens!! Naturally I will keep on this forum as well!
By Tim
Seems to have worked for me - no error message, just a note that it has been passed over for approval (presumably it's a moderaed list).

Tim
By Rob Pritchard
It is not moderated.

It is a social club with a few well respected rules.

The two main ones are:

Real names only. No hiding behind silly nom-de-plumes like Pprune.

The conversation should be about flying. Spin-offs into IT matters or anything else that isn't GA (Except Kylie Minogue, for which an exception has been granted) will bring down on your head the wrath of the other 350 odd members.

All irrelevant conversations continue in private exchanges off-list

(There was quite an active off-list motorcycle group until the recent departure of a large group of stalwarts because others were ignoring the rules above.)

Plenty of formal and informal meetings and fly-ins are arranged. Dieppe, Barra/Oban and London Knettishall International spring to mind. It's more of a club than a discussion forum

Rob P
By Russell
I think the best description is "self moderation", without which it is
By Rod
Neil,

I do not know if it was intentional, but this was the best bit of marketing I have seen for a long time:)

One question,

How many messages in a typical day?

Rod
By Russell
24.78 million pre late-September 2002

around 20 now...
By Neil Gascoigne
Hi Rod!

No, not intentional but it worked well! Hmmm.. messages? Well there was around 50-60 yesterday.

For all thsoe who hve subbed, don't forget to contribute with questions, knowledge etc. As I think Rufus says, there are no silly questions, only silly answers :-)

-Neil-
By Nick
Well advertising the list seems to be a 2-way street. I had forgotten about this forum :)
By Alex the Loopy

great thing with this offline FlyerList moment : I discovered that there is a Flyer Forum !

:-)

Loopy girl Alex
By Neil Gascoigne
Before you know it, there'll be a joint List/Forum fly-in ;-)
By Rod
That way you too could get your picture in the mag!
By Rob Pritchard
Hey guys!

Say hello to 'Loopy' Alex.

She's a young French pilot who (with an (almost) equally attractive companion) flew a 152 this summer from France to the Sabaudia Flyer List Raduno and then continued on to all sorts of foreign parts that I didn't even know existed. Latvia, Ruritania, Transylvania, Poland, Germany and possibly Lapland.

A great aviatrix, barking mad and nice with it. In her spare time (from flying) she's an ATCO at Rouen (Or Rennes, or somewhere else begining with a 'R')

Rob P
By Neil Gascoigne
...don't forget the huuugggggggeeeeee aeroplane she owns (a Nord 3400). Marry me Alex ;-)
By Rob P
Neil wrote:

"...don't forget the huuugggggggeeeeee aeroplane she owns (a Nord 3400). Marry me Alex ;-)"

An online proposal!

Wow!

Rob P

(I hope all three of you will be very happy together)