Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
AFKAE wrote:.........hope you include it in your checks or scan.

That's the light that comes on to tell you that all the other lights that you've got on are drawing too much power? (and to remind you to look at the ammeter, start turning off all those navaids that you always power up but never use, turn off the nav lights if it's a wonderfully clear day, turn off the landing light if you're not landing, and then remember that unless you've got electric flaps, you should be able to land safely somewhere nearby.)
By Mike Cross
As I have no flaps at all does that mean I can't land? I'll be stuck up there all night and late for me tea! :cry:

Mike
By flyingsniffer
"start turning off all those navaids that you always power up but never use"

Apart from your GPS, obviously. I know they say switch off all non-essential instruments, but how else would you know where you are? :wink:
By welshie
flyingsniffer wrote:Apart from your GPS, obviously.

My GPS isn't connected to the aircraft electrical system. Anyway, I use the MK I eyeball as primary navigation device. That doesn't need any electicity to work. (Except of course if you're night flying and need to read the chart).
By PeteM
I suppose I'd have to land because eventually it would get so dark that I wouldn't be able to see the flap handle - - - but then if it was that dark I suppose I wouldn't be able to see the ground either!

So I'd have to stay up as well!!!
By MichaelP
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The low voltage warning light circuit (potted) shorted and electrical smoke was emitted on a training flight.

They force landed on a green space, decided to go around, hit a house, instructor dead, student badly injured....
Some of the older pilots will probably remember this one.

Like many incidents, and we all read crash reports. You will see everything if you fly long enough, and if you teach, you can pass on this knowledge.

As for dark,

There once was a man from denham
Who's girlfriend upset 'im
So into a Munk this led him
And he fled into the air, he was grim

It was dark, where would he go?
Maybe to end his sorrow
But the Munk talked him out of his low
And down the A4 they flew, to Heathrow

To be continued maybe... Got to fly, the Rebel!
By Guest
Once had the low volts come on as I took off from Alderney, went off again so I carried on and then it came on again. Since I know the way and had a handheld GPS I turned everything off except one NAVCOM and had an uneventful trip home, turned out to be a voltage regulator in need of adjustment.