Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Pilot X
Interesting snippet in the Flyer homepage about a group aircraft held by customs at Newcastle and the implications of hiring aircraft out and your responsibilities to know their business !!

Any more info ?

Luckily for me with a full load and full fuel, I can just about manage a spare pair of keks and a toothbrush so could declare whatever for personal use only !
By ROG
Our group would never hire out to an unknown. In fact the aircraft always has a group member on board for any flight. Its not worth the risk.

Not my idea of a group if the planes hired out to any body who happens to come along.
By Dan
What constitutes an 'unknown' though? How intimate are we all with other 'group members'? A worrying thought.
By ROG
I can assure you that I am not intimate with any of my group members. (And the rumour about me and Edwina Currie is not true )
By Ian Seager
It is not just knowledge of group members, but perhaps of their friends too.

Another 'gotcha' to be aware of is leasing aeroplanes to flying schools. This can be a good way of subsidising your flying, or even making a little money, but beware, any debts for landing fees/fuel etc. rest with the aeroplane, not the operator. If the operator were to go out of business without paying the charges incurred by a particular aeroplane then you as owner will need to pay those debts.

Ian