Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Jane
Sorry you won't be there poet.
We'll have to think up a poem for you

but what rhymes with Le Touquet ..............................
By poetpilot
An pilot named Poet said "Look, hey!,
They're arranging a do at Le Touquet
I'd sure love to go
But I've run short of dough
So I'll apologise with a bouquet"

(I know, don't give up the day job.....)
By Neil Gascoigne
it'll be such a good weekend, you could have planned to go to Deauville.
By Wendy Lenden
Sorry to hear about your sick aeryplane Poet,was reading all about it and dropped the jam out of my doughnut all over the keyboard, that will teach me to eat at the table like a civilised person.
By poetpilot
Thanks Wendy. Shaggy Sheep Driver has promised me a trip to Sherlowe in the Chipplymunk on Saturday morning as a consolation. Personally, I think he's pushing it, with my obvious negative influence on engines at this moment in time, but I gratefully accepted nevertheless....

I feel a bit like the jam in your doughnut right now :-) All messed up. Have a great trip, is G-JONI back and ready for you?
By Wendy Lenden
Yup Poet,will be sitting at the end of the strip ready to rumble at 10am.Hope JONI behaves itself straight off annual. Enjoy SL,it's one lovely aircraft.
By NEIL-B
Judging by your record could you please keep out of our Chippy!!!!Thankyou very much!
By poetpilot
S'OK Neil, I never went near it in the end...... Barton had cloud at 800 feet, with occasional rain showers. Sometimes it looked more like 500 feet.

I wouldnt have set off for France in G-OPET, and we didnt think it was worth dragging the Chippy out for a ride around the circuit. But Sunday.... was tantalisingly wonderful... except that I'd cancelled my booking in the Archer so there was nothing to fly.

Good news on G_ATGO for the moment anyway .... the engineers have said the main block looks OK and wont need stripping down, so it's hey-ho for a new generator and back on the fleet she goes. Still costly but nowehere near as costly as we thought last week.

I kept in touch with proceedings via Rod and gathered everyone had a great time. grrrrrrrrrrrrr!