Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Does anyone have info on the EXACT routes that the flypast aircraft will take after passing Buckingham Palace?

It is usual for the flypast to start to split up shortly after passing the palace with some aircraft breaking off to south and south east - and some (usually) continuing west over Windsor and White Waltham.

We know we are subject to the restrictions of the AIC (no problem with that), but I’d like to know how much of the flypast will overfly my garden / our airfield, or where to go (locally) for the best view?
There is a 'London Area Egress Plan' chart contained within Airspace Co-ordination Notice 2022-06-0081. I've tried to upload it but have been unsuccessful because of its size. WLAC Ops is an addressee. Maybe they will let you have sight of it.

The westerly dispersal points are (as usual) Windsor and Runnymede. Unfortunately the western edge of the chart is Windsor Racecourse, but it looks as if one of the egress routes will pass White Waltham.
By Lefty
Talkdownman wrote:There is a 'London Area Egress Plan' chart contained within Airspace Co-ordination Notice 2022-06-0081. I've tried to upload it but have been unsuccessful because of its size. WLAC Ops is an addressee. Maybe they will let you have sight of it.

The westerly dispersal points are (as usual) Windsor and Runnymede. Unfortunately the western edge of the chart is Windsor Racecourse, but it looks as if one of the egress routes will pass White Waltham.

Thanks. I’ve looked at that today but it is a really poor quality print out and I couldn’t see what was in each spilt off formations. I’ll try to get a look at it on screen tomorrow.
By stonor
Are there any dedicated VHF frequencies for this event, or is it a combo of Essex, Thames, Heathrow controllers? Any suggestions for what to put in my Icom gratefully received - viewing from Acton, West London.
By chevvron
stonor wrote:Are there any dedicated VHF frequencies for this event, or is it a combo of Essex, Thames, Heathrow controllers? Any suggestions for what to put in my Icom gratefully received - viewing from Acton, West London.

Don't bother; they'll be using UHF :twisted:
No they won't.

It's VHF, dedicated frequencies.

I've not seen them promulgated outside of sensitive documents though.

Various elements will chop to Northolt, Farnborough, Brize and Wittering as they disperse either just after Buckingham Palace or upon exiting the London CTR.
By Cub
It’s probably worth noting that the grey dotted line represents the planned track of just the Red Arrows. Other elements of the flypast will ingress and egress via a variety of routes contained within the various RA(T)s.