Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Short answer is No.

excerpt from CAA website:
PMDs are not valid outside of UK airspace, as it is not an internationally recognised medical standard, unless permission has been granted by the State of the airspace you are flying in.

Regarding your note above about validity in France, is that correct?
By Irv Lee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
It's all about home built permit aircraft or falling into a definite historic definition but Pat is the guy to hear from.
However, it is really dangerous the way these 'you can fly to France now' stories (don't know what the PC term is for things that pass from person to person altering every step) spread and morph. Within about 6 weeks of the French announcements hitting social media with clear detail thanks to people like Pat, I was at an airfield listening to a local person who would definitely be believed telling pilots they could now go to France in that cessna parked there with a LAPL. When I said 'fraid not I was told I hadn't heard the latest change from a few weeks ago that the UK Lapl was allowed in France. Just morphed bolleaux
By patowalker
Irv Lee wrote:It's all about home built permit aircraft or falling into a definite historic definition but Pat is the guy to hear from.
However, it is really dangerous the way these 'you can fly to France now' stories (don't know what the PC term is for things that pass from person to person altering every step) spread and morph. Within about 6 weeks of the French announcements hitting social media with clear detail thanks to people like Pat, I was at an airfield listening to a local person who would definitely be believed telling pilots they could now go to France in that cessna parked there with a LAPL. When I said 'fraid not I was told I hadn't heard the latest change from a few weeks ago that the UK Lapl was allowed in France. Just morphed bolleaux

The DGAC is clear on the UK LAPL.

Pilot qualification
Pilots must hold a aeronautical title issued or recognised by the authority of the State of registry (except in very rare cases of ultralight aircraft where that authority does not require such a qualification for the category of aircraft concerned).

Apart from the particular cases of automatic recognition identified in the following sections, if the pilot's aeronautical title has not been issued in accordance with ICAO Annex 1 or European regulations (e.g. LAPL issued by a current Member State), the pilot will have to request authorisation from the DSAC's Direction des Personnels Navigants. Examples of titles requiring a DSAC authorisation:
- Pilot holding a LAPL issued by the UK CAA before or after UK left the EU

- Pilot of an ultralight aircraft that does not comply with the limits of French ultralight regulations with a non-ICAO national aeronautical title

https://www.ecologie.gouv.fr/en/foreign-aircraft
Dave W liked this
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Irv wrote:However, it is really dangerous the way these 'you can fly to France now' stories (don't know what the PC term is for things that pass from person to person altering every step) spread and morph.

It's another example of where a small (and positive) exception also adds complexity. It seems to be the price we pay for alleviations. A bargain if you are someone who benefits.

Ian
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Irv Lee
@G-BLEW we have needed the complexities since 2012 took away any voluntary compliance with Fcl, so it has been a good thing and i guess i have made money from it too. I look forward all the promised simplicity and hope it is GA friendly and sympathetic enough, although that has not been promised at any stage as far as I know.... Then I can retire!
But in fact my comment was about the way someone can say "Hey, great news: ABC" and within 6 weeks pilots are being told "Hey, just what we hoped for: XYZ".
By Flying_john
Kittyhawk wrote:I have a historic factory built Permit Jodel. A UK PPL, an LAPL, an NPPL, a LAPL medical and a PMD. Does any combination of this mean I can fly to France?

So is there a list of what is considered an historic factory built aeroplane that is allowed to be flown in France with a LAPL, NPPL or UK PPL with Med Dec ?
By Dave W
Flying_john wrote:So is there a list ...

It is the ECAC definition:

Certain historic aircraft types: further to a more recent ECAC recommendation in 2016, aircraft types with the following characteristics:

non-military in origin:
the aircraft type was not designed and operated solely for military purposes, though civil-designed aircraft that were operated by the military would be allowed; and,

as such the type previously held an ICAO-compliant Certificate of Airworthiness and now operates under a Permit to Fly or equivalent issued by an ECAC member state;

and
its initial design was established before 1 January 1955 and production has ceased before 1 January 1975; and

the type has a Maximum Take-Off Mass not exceeding 5,700kg; and

it is operated on a non-commercial basis.
G-BLEW, Kittyhawk liked this
By Peter Gristwood
It looks to me as though all these obscure and often inconsistent rules, combined with the fact that many pilots have little or no contact with a reliable source of information, pretty much guarantees unlawful flights.

I've taken the view that for me, it makes sense to stick with a PMD and, if I want a trip to France, say, to take a friendly instructor along. Why bother jumping through hoops I don't need to? Hopefully common sense may rule, but I won't hold my breath.