Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rob P
I can't get this to work. Am I doing something wrong or is there a glitch?

Windows PC

Rob P
By Rob P
Planning mode, and already having cycled reference altitude from 0 - 10,000 ft. I'm afraid page 12 has so far been of no help to me.

I have also tried each of the available chart styles (except pseudo CAA) and high resolution.

Rob P
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
All I can suggest is that you check you have "terrain relief" and "colour high terrain" selected (Mapping - Terrain & Surface Features), and confirm that the chart style which results is "SkyDemon Terrain".

Changing the chart style from that will not show coloured terrain elevations.
By johnm
Mapping>Terrain and Surface Features>show terrain> show terrain [on]

Select colour terrain and set 3000 ft and red and yellow patches appear over South Wales. If you are trying it with only East Anglia visible you night have to set 0ft and fly at 500 ft :-)
By GrahamB
Dave W wrote:Changing the chart style from that will not show coloured terrain elevations.

Not correct, Dave. Coloured high terrain can be displayed on all chart styles. I suspect the answer is the ‘Terrain Relief’ toggle.
By Rob P
Colour High Terrain is not 'on' I couldn't get that box ticked in the dropdown menu. Reading on, the display is transient anyway and only colours the lumpy bits when the Colour High Terrain dialogue box is onscreen.

But "Show Terrain" wasn't

:oops:

Rob P
By GrahamB
Rob P wrote: ... the display is transient anyway and only colours the lumpy bits when the Colour High Terrain dialogue box is onscreen.

I suspect that's a bug in the Windows version; on the iOS (and I assume Android) versions, the colouring and altitude settings are persistant when the pop-up is parked, which makes it bit more useful. @TimD ?
By IainD
Rob P wrote:Colour High Terrain is not 'on' I couldn't get that box ticked in the dropdown menu. Reading on, the display is transient anyway and only colours the lumpy bits when the Colour High Terrain dialogue box is onscreen.

But "Show Terrain" wasn't

:oops:

Rob P

It's in Norfolk mode where there is no high terrain.
Flyin'Dutch', Nick, Rob P and 2 others liked this
By ChampChump
I've just clicked the button on my PC (Windows 10) and played with the options. This is of no real help to you, except maybe to exclude a Windows hiccough.