Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Yves Delatte, CEO of Sonaca, said, “The cessation of Sonaca Aircraft’s production activities is a necessary decision. The Covid-19 pandemic, which will globally impact the aviation sector until 2025, has strongly affected general aviation, especially activities related to pilot training and education.” This has resulted in an order level well below the break-even point for Sonaca Aircraft, said a statement.

That's odd, the current market for training aeroplanes has gone bonkers, with C150s going for £40k and such like.

It can't be just in the UK that the GA economy is booming?
By Iceman
Blackbushe Aviation itself, the operator of these Sonaca aircraft, has seen a huge rise in training demand during the COVID period, particularly for an-initio courses, people being unable to spend their money elsewhere. His comments certainly don’t stack up against that experience, hence the placement of an order for the third aircraft.

Iceman 8)
By GrahamB
Sad, they are nice aircraft by all accounts, but one of the things that thing struck me at Friedrichshafen last month was just how many aircraft there are in that segment of the market.

I was at Derby last week, and one of the instructors was telling me that they are busier than ever, and taking on more staff to meet the demand.