Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By DavidC
I have been unable to access the AOPA UK website for at least a week, belatedly renewing my annual subscription, and just today realised this happens only when at home through my Plusnet Broadband. It's fine using mobile data (also from Plusnet).

I've checked the usual things like blacklists and security certificates, and not found any reason why this shouldn't work. I wondered if anyone else has been having problems accessing the website which to all intents and purposes is working as normal.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
No problems here, have you tried a different browser?? Do you get an error message or just lack of response
By DavidC
It seems like its just my house! I've tried iPad, iPhone, PC, Mac with Chrome and Safari but all just get no response. Cleared cookies etc. with same results. Very strange, hence wondered if anyone else had come across this problem.

I don't seem to have this problem with any other website.
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
PlusNet provide blocking tools. Could you have inadvertently enabled them? There may be something about the AOPA site that it’s incorrectly detecting as dodgy.
By DavidC
This has now been resolved by the AOPA webmaster. Apparently my home IP address had been blacklisted by the website, and this has now been unlocked.

So just in case a similar thing happens to anyone else, now you know how to resolve it. Just double check it is specific to your home broadband location first.

Fairly strange though - not had this happen with any other website before.