Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By JonBoy
I have the SkyWise app on my iPad (which is my only form of computering, I do not have a PC). So I’ve got the app, registered, signed in, configured my flight deck, saved my preferences and read my notifications. All ok so far.

Only problem is, when I exit the app it appears to dump my preferences - thus I never get any automatic notifications (if indeed you are supposed to?) and when I open the app again the preferences are not there so I have to select them all again to read any possible new notifications which is a bit of a faff.

Just wondered if anyone else has such issues or if I’ve missed anything fundamental? I downloaded the app as soon as it was invented, a few years ago I think and it was like it then. Because of that I’ve only just revisited it again today (must be bored!) and it’s still the same!
By Joff
Hiya - check with the CAA direct content@caa.co.uk they may be able to get the developer to look at it.

I think you can also get the alerts in other ways:

Subscribe to receive an email every time they publish a notification to one of your chosen categories. I think you can do that on the SkyWise website http://skywise.caa.co.uk - which is how most people I know use it

or just see the alerts on the website without a subscription