Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
On behalf of a friend, does anyone have up to date info on Pamplona? Particularly how strictly the “ compulsory handling” rules ? The AIP says handling is NOT mandatory for a/c below 3 tonnes and no passengers. My friend will be in a P28 with 2 other PPL’s (3 pilots).
Anyone know if they can expect to be told they must be handled - and and what cost?
By Rob L
I can't help you for current info...
But back in 2005 in my itty bitty Taylorcraft at Pamplona, the 100LL fuel price was £0.535 per litre and there was a £2.91 landing fee. No handling back then.

I'm a geek at keeping records.
Rob L
Iceman liked this
By Papa Sierra
I went recently (Easter), TB20 with one passenger, coming from U.K. with a stop in La Rochelle.

Highly recommend to email the Aeroclub who are extremely helpful, even if they can’t handle you: info@aeroclubdenavarra.com
They will give you all the info you need.

There is a “light” handling option costing only 20 Euros by asking for “acompañamiento” only when emailing pnacicops@iberia.es - beware that not having full handling will make your life more difficult especially on departure. We were waiting for an hour for customs to show up (departing to Jersey), weren’t allowed to access the plane, Iberia handling refused to help us as we hadn’t paid for full handling, and airport Ops didn’t want to hear about it. In the end a friendly instructor from the aero club made some phone calls and was able to get things accelerated.

If customs are required then email airport ops too: Pamplona_CECOA@aena.es

All in all far more hassle than it should be for an airport with 3 commercial movements per day. But a lovely city to visit.
PeteSpencer, Rob L liked this