Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Trent772
It was a delight to attend the AGM at Sherburn today, a laid back and pleasant affair with breakfast baps and a cup of tea prior to the event, a gentle run through of the State of the Union and the finances - which showed a great turnround from loss to profit btw.

I think that the worries of a couple of years ago are now behind the club and the future is looking really positive. Measured infrastructure investment, support of the staff, new aeroplanes and more events through the summer.

Good to see the old Sherb back again.... :thumleft: :thumleft:
MikeB, gasman, mick w and 7 others liked this
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Trent772 wrote:It was a delight to attend the AGM at Sherburn today, a laid back and pleasant affair with breakfast baps and a cup of tea prior to the event, a gentle run through of the State of the Union and the finances - which showed a great turnround from loss to profit btw.

I think that the worries of a couple of years ago are now behind the club and the future is looking really positive. Measured infrastructure investment, support of the staff, new aeroplanes and more events through the summer.

I might even invest in a Northern Half-Mil this year.......................
Trent772 liked this
By G-JWTP
Trent772 wrote:It was a delight to attend the AGM at Sherburn today, a laid back and pleasant affair with breakfast baps and a cup of tea prior to the event, a gentle run through of the State of the Union and the finances - which showed a great turnround from loss to profit btw.

I dropped in about a month ago.

What a nice relaxed place.

Nice lunch and a chat then homeward South.

G-JWTP.
By PeteSpencer
Miscellaneous wrote:Indeed, @PeteSpencer, it was northern I was referring to since that is what you threaten. :thumright: God forbid it was Scottish! :shock: :wink:

No I’ll leave the strap(line) to you , jock :roll:
Sherburn has been a completely different place the last 18 months. Not just back to what it was, it’s not far off being what we dreamed it could be. Just keeping an edge over the (serious) competition next door at Church Fenton.
gasman, GrahamB, mick w and 1 others liked this
By Ridders
Paul_Sengupta wrote:Best cake this year so far has been at Sherburn.
That is high praise indeed, from the Flyer forum acknowledged cake connoisseur! :D
*Cake pictured (JAM at Gloucestershire) is not actual sherburn cake
Iceman, Paul_Sengupta liked this