Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By TopCat
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
TheKentishFledgling wrote:Unfortunately we're stuck with the 1990s quotes on these posts when BBCode was turned off. Before / after that three week period is normal service!

This wasn't foreseen?

In fact I predicted it here, two weeks ago.

Doesn't your integration team have any programmers capable of finding all the posts within the period, parsing them for blocks of text where the lines start with '>', removing those characters and topping and tailing the blocks with [quote] tags?

It would need to have a little recursion written into it to cope with the few multi-level quoted posts, but it's a bit pants that they aren't prepared to have a stab at it. There's a test environment, right?
By TopCat
Ah, the joys of a moderator account where you can edit anonymously.

But joking apart, if you can eyeball a post and hack the quotes manually, don't you think a half-decent programmer could knock up a script to do most of them in fairly short order?
By PeteSpencer
Dave W wrote:For anyone that's wondering @Paul_Sengupta is talking about the new [mirror][/mirror] function.

It's quite clever, really. :wink:

What's [mirror][/mirror] and how can I use it to restore an image to my Ad in 'Groups/Sharing' ?

No cake required...............
By Ridders
Paul_Sengupta wrote:I've seen a picture of myself with a slice of cake, so that must be working as well now...
sadly it’s not yet, so I had to register with an image hosting site, upload said image of cake glory and then link to the image in the post :)
By Paul_Sengupta
Ridders wrote:
Paul_Sengupta wrote:I've seen a picture of myself with a slice of cake, so that must be working as well now...
sadly it’s not yet, so I had to register with an image hosting site, upload said image of cake glory and then link to the image in the post :)

So it's the hosting which has broken and not the code which says display an image. Roger.