Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Micromouse
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Pooooo!!! I was looking forward to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Feel sorry for those who look forward to this event, and for the organisers, but perhaps a blessing in disguise. There is a major gliding competition at neighbouring Aston Down that week, with about 76 competing gliders and eight tugs. The airspace around there, with around 1000 visiting aircraft over the three days, would have been choc a bloc, I suspect.
By TopCat
johnm wrote:
> AIUI Kemble's issues are not financial, the owners are very well heeled,
> but staff shortages

Is it that the staff that until a bit over a year ago could quite happily 'come over 'ere and take our jobs', now can't, and it turns out that they weren't actually 'our jobs' after all?

Asking for a friend.... :pirat:
johnm, Kittyhawk, AndyR and 5 others liked this
TopCat wrote:
> johnm wrote:
> > AIUI Kemble's issues are not financial, the owners are very well heeled,
> > but staff shortages
>
> Is it that the staff that until a bit over a year ago could quite happily 'come over
> 'ere and take our jobs', now can't, and it turns out that they weren't actually 'our
> jobs' after all?
>
> Asking for a friend.... :pirat:
More likely to be local people, as you know, Kemble is in the middle of nowhere with no public transport so getting to work could well be challenging.
Peter Gristwood liked this
By buzzthetower
Little bird tells me the reason is Netflix are filming there and will run over schedule and are quite happy to bung a little extra for the privilege of staying on and pushing the expo out :roll: