Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
My lovely 'little' brother, who knows I am a student pilot with eleventy billion hours and still not solo, sent me the story a millisecond after it was published. He appended a note - "It's a PoP, what's taking you so long? " :lol:
Iceman liked this
By rf3flyer
Have to say that I think I'd struggle to change frequency on one these glass panels were I presented with that situation.
I like simple *(OK, I'm simple) and that avionics do-everything display looks most intimidating.
By Genghis the Engineer
Talkdownman wrote:
Genghis the Engineer wrote:there's also a world of difference between a controller who doesn't know how to fly, and one who knows where the main bits are in the cockpit and enough to describe the basics of how to fly an aeroplane

I would be interested to learn if such a scenario has ever been included in UK ATC ABES Training ('Abnormalities and Emergency Situations', if that is what it is still called). It's by no means the first time this has happened. For another example search for N559DW...

I've been a volunteer pilot for a few of those sessions, and I did do "nervous F/O whose captain has just keeled over", but not this specific scenario.

G
By mick w
As with the Humberside incident with JohnWildey , it makes a big difference if the 'non Pilot ' has had at least some flying experience . :thumright: