Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By malcolmfrost
ISTR that the pumps at Kemble are very close to the hangars whereas self service fuelling at Sandown and Popham for example is well away from any habitation.
By Jim Darcy
As a 'based operator' the fuel issue at Kemble will be a huge inconvenience for flying Sundays and Mondays.

I do know of several pilots who no longer fly to / or fly from Kemble on a weekend due to the length of time they get served at AV8, after queuing for 20 minutes you are then told it will be probably 40 minutes until your 'twinkle roll' will be ready, oh by the way have you a table? No, sorry - then you will have to perch somewhere outside...

Why can't they at least let an independent food vendor in and run an alternative food option van a few yards away?

I've seen more than one Kemble based pilot bring their own flask and sandwiches to eat in their car.
Shoestring Flyer liked this
By stevfire2
The fuel cannot be sold unless the relevant daily quality control checks have been done and the fuel signed off as fit for sale. So if no staff are on duty to do the checks, fuels not saleable.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
stevfire2 wrote:The fuel cannot be sold unless the relevant daily quality control checks have been done and the fuel signed off as fit for sale. So if no staff are on duty to do the checks, fuels not saleable.

So how do Total Fuel Automates work then ? I know for 100% sure these installations are not "quality checked every day". Why is Kembles fuel so poor it needs to be checked every day??

Im trying to remember how often our club checks fuel quality, but it certainly isnt every day - Ill find out though.

Regards, SD..
By CloudHound
Kemble is licensed by the UK CAA and it’s a requirement under their rules.

I’ll look up the reference later. DGAC will have their own for France.
By condor17
This is going to be more than nuisance for our students . Kemble is on our QXC route . And lots of studes can only fly on Sundays !

rgds condor