Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
https://www.caa.co.uk/media/cwjom2ph/sa ... flying.pdf

To me it is a pretty good summary (I quite like the new format). There is always a bit of "stating the obvious" but then - what is obvious to me isn't going to be obvious to someone else.

Have they missed anything out? They suggest viewing the strip via an OHJ rather than a low approach inspection / scare off the wildlife?
StratoTramp, Spooky liked this
By Dave W
Not a bad leaflet. :thumleft:

It isn't a key issue for that SSL, but the date on p14 is no longer correct.

If the strip has an interim Certificate of Agreement for international flights it now expires at the end of 2023, rather than the end of June this year as the SSL says.

Border Force sent a letter to that effect a few months ago. To be fair, the online material still contains the June '22 date, so I'll dig out the latest reference in a bit.
PeteSpencer liked this
By StratoTramp
If you use Bing maps, you can use an OS overlay for free (only reason to use it against far superior google). :thumleft: Though the OS app and subscription only costs £25 for the whole country (price of 4 maps)

I like the drive a car across the field at 30mph suggestion :cyclopsani: ...

If car gets stuck in field, field unsuitable and there is also an obstruction in the middle now :lol: