Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Dodo
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
neilld wrote:Just renewed my PMD via the Cellma system and found that there are separate selections for Part 21 and non Part 21 aircraft. As I can fly both types, does the Part 21 version read across to non Part 21 or do I need a second PMD for the later?

You can tick more than one box.
russp wrote:
Boxkite wrote:
Irv Lee wrote:usermention=600]@Paul Stout[/usermention]
If you are 50+ then your class 2 becomes a lapl medical [which is valid for 2 years at that age] automatically anyway, usable for your sort of flying if it is vfr, then you can go pmd if you want

Added by me to clarify for Paul. Effectively one year as class 2 plus one year as LAPL medical. So, if you don't go outside the LAPL restrictions, you are good for two years.

But is there any actual advantage in having a LAPL medical over a PMD? If you don’t need the class 2 in the second year why pay to renew your class 2 at all?

Good point. Without looking into differences of privileges, it's a comfort thing for me - I like to know that I can still pass a class 2 for the time being. :cyclops: