Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Earl Grey
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Earl Grey wrote:
> G-BLEW wrote:
> > Hi EG
> >
> > Could you help me to understand that viewpoint? Happy to chat on the phone
> > if easier.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ian
>
> Let me marshal my thoughts. Standby.
>
> EG

OK....very simply... something I have today which works really well is being taken away. Right now I pay a very reasonable monthly subscription to Readly and all my favourite magazines (including Flyer) appear on my iPad on the day of publication…and I get a notification it’s there. I can choose which magazines to open (including back issues) and easily flick through the pages until an article catches my eye…with Flyer I usually start by scrolling through to the Free Landings pages to see if anywhere tickles my fancy. :D Having indulged in Flyer I can peruse other magazines all on the same device sitting in my favourite armchair or in bed! In the new world I will have to seek the content elsewhere and it really won't work in the same seamless fashion. I guess because there is no longer a monthly magazine as such then Readly can no longer be a solution. This is only a minor moan as appreciate all the hard work that has gone into the "reconstruction" and it will only affect a handful of us...

EG
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Thanks EG. There is a monthly magazine, it's just that rather than one big release of content that's been created over four weeks, we're releasing it as and when it is ready and then putting it into a PDF for those who want to consume it like that.

Our comms should make it easy for people to know when that is, and when content of interest is published.

Thanks again for your thoughts

Ian
Earl Grey liked this
By aligee
I have been unable to login to the membership area for a considerable time and just receive a page of script containing null void lines. My username and email passwords are both the same and I can login to the forum and when I go to the dashboard page I am asked for my username and password and this page of script appears. Any ideas or advice Ian.
By PaulisHome
@Ian Flyer

Not sure whether this is the place for a bug report?

I'm having to log in twice to the site.

I can login to the site, but when I go to the Forum, I don't see the * by each topic to take me to the latest read post. Only if I try to make a post do I get a new login prompt (despite the site already showing that I'm logged in by showing a 'logout' option. Once I login for the second time, the * appears.

This seems to happen on more than one browser, so it's doesn't seem to be a settings issue at my end.

Paul