Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
I have a sooper dooper chap at Ravenair who does mine - works everywhere except Tibbs...... apparently Naarrriiiich aren't that brill, but I am sure someone will say they are - probably BF NWI :mrgreen:

Mind you - my turn arounds are usually so quick, they would be lucky to catch me :pirat:
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Aerotech Flyer wrote:
>Quite often this ends up straight in the spam folder, so
> always check there if you don't get a reply within a minute or two!

Thanks, but no joy! I got an authorisation code earlier today by email - great.

It wasn't accepted - not great.

So I used the "Send verification email again" option - great.

Nothing arrived, and it's not in spam. Not great.

So I tried again, and... you guessed it.

Sigh.
Trent772 wrote:
> Mind you - my turn arounds are usually so quick, they would be lucky to
> catch me

They don't catch you, but they ring me up to go and have a look. Last time they rang was mid-dinner at the RAF Club. It's difficult to see the Tibbers ramp from there.

Rob P
Trent772 liked this
By skydriller
I confirm the above. I have not been able to get SD to even send send GARs, so didn't use it for this, only to send flight plans - at which it excels... The official Gov GAR website is really clunky and slow, but It does give you an emailed reference number which I have been able to show BF at Lydd, who were more than happy that I had indeed complied with both the GAR requirements and Covid requirements at the time.

Regards, SD..
Rob P wrote:
> Trent772 wrote:
> > Mind you - my turn arounds are usually so quick, they would be lucky to
> > catch me
>
> They don't catch you, but they ring me up to go and have a look. Last time they rang
> was mid-dinner at the RAF Club. It's difficult to see the Tibbers ramp from there.
>
> Rob P

If it happens again, let me know and I will ask the Steward to keep your Lobster warm.....

I was there delivering a talk last year for the Flying Medical chaps, when that silly storm upset our dining event.....

Was there in '89 as a guest of the Chairman of Nationwide Building Society, but that was a different story ;-) He flew Seafires and Corsairs !!
By Lefty
It is interesting that 5he same system yields very different results for different people. I can only assume that the people that are experiencing problems are, for whatever reason, not using the system correctly.

Is there something not clear in the instructions?
By Lefty
I’ve just looked at the SkyDemon manual which “suggests” that there should be no fee for SkyDemon subscribers using the OnlineGAR.com facility via SkyDemon. However it then takes you to OnlineGAR.com which says that you need to purchase “credits” to use their service.

I now wonder if those people experiencing problems may have an incorrect subscription - or somehow no credits?
By Dave W
ISTR that Tim and Carl (SD and OnlineGAR) have previously said that (for private single engine FW - there may be other constraints) GARs filed via SkyDemon have cost covered by an agreement between the two companies. Which is excellent, really.

Or I might have dreamt that/those statement(s).

Whatever, private single engine flight GARs via SkyDemon definitely do not require separate credit purchase - proven as recently as yesterday.

(I'll add my name to those never having had an issue with GAR filing from SD. I wonder what the issue is? It seems there may be one, but I reckon it's not as simple as lack of GAR credits in SD, because there's no such thing.)
By AndyR
It’s not just SkyDemon GARs that don’t get through all the time.

Those sent via RocketRoute usually work, but then out of the blue several don’t work over a short period. Thankfully there is proof of sending if you opt for that choice when filing.

There has been a definite increase in being met by Border Force in the last year.
By Tim Dawson
SkyDemon developer
Filing via OnlineGar (or SkyDemon, which uses OnlineGar) will get you a reference number once your filing is in the system. That proves you’ve done it, and you can show that to anyone who hasn’t received it presumably due to faults in their internal system.

Saying things “don’t work” isn’t really helpful because nobody involved at any stage knows what you’ve done or haven’t done.