Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Before the new government online GAR, we emailed our GAR to the NCU (national coordination unit). This was just one person sitting at a PC whose task was to forward all GAR’s to the respective /applicable border force / police force offices. However this “person” frequently missed emails and hence the receiving units never received them. In my case, the Farnborough Border Force office told me of these problems and asked me to copy everything I sent to NCU, directly to them - which I have done for the last 10 years or more. All without problem - except on the rare occasion that I forgot to copy in Farnborough.

I have seen nothing to suggest that that semi manual process has changed with the intro tion of the new BF OnlineGAR portal, so I suspect that this is still the root of the problems.

If I were at all Machiavellian, i might ask whether all these “problems” being blamed on SkyDemon, Rocket Route, Autorouter or a n other third party, might be part of a plot to persuade / coerce users to use their expensive, yet totally crappy new system. It all seems just a bit suspicious?

But on balance, I think the are just incompetent.
By Dave W
If you plan a flight that needs a GAR - say Lydd to Le Touquet for example - then look on the red "Warnings" tab and you'll see both the requirement for a Flightplan and that for a GAR will be highlighted with a spanner icon next to them.

Click on the spanner and you are prompted to complete the form.

"Simples", as the definitely-not-Russian-at-all-no-way meerkat might say. :D
By Boswell
Using OnLineGAR via SkyDemon on the last two Alderney flights generates incorrect dates in the acknowledgment emails and PDFs (for submission to Guernsey), plus UK GAR for pilot and pax birthdays.

The years are correct, but date and month are day of GAR submission.

Dates are correct in the OnLineGAR database. SkyDemon only stores aircraft data.

Does anyone else have that problem? Or is it finger trouble at our end?
By Dodo
Boswell wrote:Using OnLineGAR via SkyDemon on the last two Alderney flights generates incorrect dates in the acknowledgment emails and PDFs (for submission to Guernsey), plus UK GAR for pilot and pax birthdays.

The years are correct, but date and month are day of GAR submission.

Dates are correct in the OnLineGAR database. SkyDemon only stores aircraft data.

Does anyone else have that problem? Or is it finger trouble at our end?

I filed a GAR through Skydemon for a flight from Alderney to Shoreham on Friday 13th (!) and all the dates and details seemed to file correctly. Perhaps I was just lucky.