Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By welkyboy
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Can anyone give me a rundown of landing /parking fees at Southend. I’ve tried calling the a Jet centre all over Easter and just get voicemail., or even a contact number.
By James Chan
Fees for most airports are found on their website under Doing Business With Us --> Terms and Conditions or Fees and Charges booklet: https://southendairport.com/corporate-a ... ss-with-us

Latest fees schedule since Oct 2021:
https://d1z15fh6odiy9s.cloudfront.net/f ... 47b21f.pdf
By TopCat
Gosh. So a Grumman AA5A would pay £33.60, but an AA5B would pay £67.20.

The Cheetah comes in as 998kg (2200 lb), but the Tiger has a significantly higher MTOW, 2400 lb or 1089kg.

That 'per part thereof' is a killer.
By Paul_Sengupta
Southend were starting their fees at 500kg, so the first band was 500kg to 1500kg, all at the same price. I don't know if this is still the case...it's never stated as such in the fees. It might have been kind individuals implementing this policy.

Mine's two seats, 1066kg!
By Stampe
At 1100kgs I have always paid the lower figure.Great airfield and ATC but still hard to do business with in spite of the lack of CAT.You pay the day after and it’s quite an awkward process.A good city to visit and hotel and sky lounge bar on the airfield!
By cirrostratus
Have to say I had the opposite experience to Stampe with the payment process....... phone Stobart Jet centre ( they give you a business card with contact details when you land) and state your registration and they process a debit / Credit card payment immediately

1 landing and overnight parking came to £51.60 635Kg MTOW
By Fright Level
Stampe wrote:
A good city to visit and hotel and sky lounge bar on the airfield!

In the 1970s, long before I took to the skies, I used to frequent a nightclub at the airport ("disco" in those days) called Zero 6. I had no idea where they'd got the name from :D
RobW liked this
By RobW
Ah Zero's
Spent many nights there myself, though a few years later in the late 80's.
My Dad still lives a couple of miles away from the airport and I have arranged a landaway there as part of my training. Cant wait to fly into the airport where I was once a young air cadet, Though the place looks to have changed considerably since then!
By Lefty
I('ve done a few practice approaches and landings at Southend in the past few months and have always had good experiences. OK it is a little expensive - but you get what you pay for.
By OldProp52
Back in the 70's when doing some night flying from Booker with the Airways Flying Club , a cool evening jaunt was an evening flight around the north of London with the lights under your wing and for a cuppa and a bun ( or something ) at Southend before the hop back to Booker
Good times
By matspart3
RobW wrote:
> Ah Zero's
> Spent many nights there myself, though a few years later in the late 80's.
> My Dad still lives a couple of miles away from the airport and I have
> arranged a landaway there as part of my training. Cant wait to fly into the
> airport where I was once a young air cadet, Though the place looks to have
> changed considerably since then!

I was a Zero regular in the late 80s too. Flown in a few times to see family, friends and former colleagues. Paid about £30 last time (in a Robin) I think…
RobW liked this
By Fright Level
Zero 6 - I used to go there on Sunday evenings in the mid 70s as it was student night, free entry, free food (chicken in a basket type 70's stuff). It was the culinary highlight of my week as the other days were fish fingers and Smash in my grubby student digs in Chelmsford.

Some of the activities are worthy of Ian Dury lyrics.
Pete L liked this
By Pete L
I miss the small museum. Increasingly vague memory includes an HE111 and a Mitchell. I also recall warning signs for a footpath across the runway - or it might just have been the peri track. Only in Zero6 once to help with the photography shortly after it opened.

ROG?