Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By T6Harvard
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Last year @RobL kindly sent me Propellerhead.

It had been passed to him and he thought it would be a nice idea to pass it round, each recipient would write their username and date in the front and pass it forward again.

I read it, LOVED IT, and forwarded it to another forumite.

I hope it is still circulating but it would make it easier to pass it on if the book had its own thread. So here we are.

Whoever has it atm, are you ready to pass it forward?
Hooligan liked this
By kanga
<nostalgia>

years ago in the List era, the late lamented Keef offered an (initially unspecified) prize for an aviation trivia quiz. I won it, apparently by being the only Lister who knew what the ICAO designator for Nutt's Corner had been. When he gave me the prize (at the next List fly-in) it turned out to be a copy of Propellerhead, which was a duplicate on his bookshelf (apparently a recent gift); I, too, already had a copy! I gave it away as a prize in the 'inter-Flight' competition at the next Air Cadet Camp which I helped staff. I've kept my own copy, of course :)

</>

yes, great read :thumright:
tr7v8 liked this
By ChampChump
The time I regret most not having duplicates is when such a book was lent to a friend, only for friend to decide to live under the radar (a strange story that is sad and so far resists mending) . Popellerhead is one such (together with Stick and Rudder and Zero Three Bravo, all missed greatly).
StratoTramp liked this
By T6Harvard
I wanted someone to read The Sky Beyond, Sir Gordon Taylor's amazing explorations in a Catalina, opening up the Pacific route from Aus to South America, but there is no way I was letting my hardback copy go! I bought a paperback via Abe Books and lent that out. Good job I did.....

It's another book I highly recommend. It's basically a love affair with flying and the Cat, beautifully written. You are there in the cockpit with him as she flies. Now, if I could just find a copy of Frigate Bird ....
Last edited by T6Harvard on Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
By T6Harvard
ChampChump wrote:
> The time I regret most not having duplicates is when such a book was lent
> to a friend, only for friend to decide to live under the radar (a strange
> story that is sad and so far resists mending) . Popellerhead is one such
> (together with Stick and Rudder and Zero Three Bravo, all missed greatly).

Try Abe Books for secondhand copies? Stick and Rudder is available new via the big river website. Love that book, too!
By kanga
kanga wrote:
> <nostalgia>
>
> .. a copy of Propellerhead, .. I
> gave it away as a prize in the 'inter-Flight' competition at the next Air Cadet Camp
> which I helped staff. I've kept my own copy, of course :)
>
>..

I've belatedly realised (and now regret) that I also gave away as a Cadet Camp prize my only copy of 'The Shepherd' (Forsyth), which I'd found 'remaindered' on a Cambridge market bookstall a few years earlier.