Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Hooligan
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Nice to meet you briefly TKF, having sorta known you on line for nearly two decades on Flyer and elsewhere (by coincidence I happened to arrange to be in TKF's manor for a few beers today and thought I'd save myself the postage!) Buy you a pint with the money saved next time we come down as my friends and I have unfinished business with some of the other local hostelries ...

Good book, thank you for the opportunity to read it which I enjoyed - though I was expecting Flintstone to have carved his name in the flyleaf with a stone aged hammer and chisel. He certainly wields a pen better than I.

Cheers, Hooligan.
By The Kissimmee Bum
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
This thread prompted me to order a copy from Amazon which I have just read. Really enjoyed it.

I was actually present during one of the incidents and was in the process of helping the guys unbolt the tailwheel from the crashed Thruster when the irate owner turned up :D

The big guy with the spanners the author refers to was known as Big George and was an immensely colourful character having amongst other things been a rider on the wall of death in the 1950,s. The crazy old s*d also used to drive a small car around the wall of death with a live lion in the passenger seat! Both he and the lion are sadly long since departed.
tr7v8, T6Harvard, JAFO liked this
By T6Harvard
I read the kindly forwarded hard copy but bought my own to keep.

As I said before, I loved it. Tears of laughter as Ant reflected some of my 'learning to fly' struggles, and tears of some other deep-seated emotion for the perfect evening flying. It's a great read!!
JAFO liked this
By T6Harvard
The Kissimmee Bum wrote:This thread prompted me to order a copy from Amazon which I have just read. Really enjoyed it.

I was actually present during one of the incidents and was in the process of helping the guys unbolt the tailwheel from the crashed Thruster when the irate owner turned up :D

The big guy with the spanners the author refers to was known as Big George and was an immensely colourful character having amongst other things been a rider on the wall of death in the 1950,s. The crazy old s*d also used to drive a small car around the wall of death with a live lion in the passenger seat! Both he and the lion are sadly long since departed.

I expect you could write a good book, too!
By The Kissimmee Bum
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
T6Harvard wrote:
I expect you could write a good book, too!

Perhaps something to do when I eventually retire. Should be safe by then from legal action which may be brought by some of the many lunatics I have encountered along my way.
T6Harvard, kanga liked this
By Rjk983
TheKentishFledgling wrote:Just to say, I've still got the FF copy. Let me know if anyone else would like it.

@TheKentishFledgling

Still got it? Is it allowed to cross international borders? If so get it up to Scotland next please :D :D
By Rjk983
It’s that time again,

Thanks to the prompt posting by @TheKentishFledgling I received the sacred text just before I disappeared on summer holiday, had some work to catch up with on return so only managed to get round to reading it last week. Finished in three sessions, unputdownable apart from the times I really had to for work/sleep.

I’m glad it’s not just me who struggles with windsocks :D

Who wants it next?
T6Harvard liked this