Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Bill McCarthy wrote:Many years ago the temporary toilet/shower facilities alone cost in the order of £10 000 for the weekend - that is a fair chunk out of funds right at the outset. Who is doing the marshalling - still Milton Keynes ?
What’s the hotel / B&B situation round Popham like ?

Re toilet:
If that is the case I would be very surprised.

For a 14,000+ visitor attendee event at Southwell ploughing match and country show last year, I hired 80 thunderbox type toilets plus 2 disabled units, and a delux 3+1 unit for the president’s hospitality marquee - with four man service crew/vehicles, on site for the duration.
Cost was under 2/3 of that figure.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By matspart3
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
[blatant plug mode[

In addition to our usual Aerotiques shinery and finery, we’ll have a bit of a flea market selection of new old stock rivets, fasteners, nuts, bolts, cam locks and all sorts of odds and $ods that might be useful for the home builders…
kanga liked this
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
seanxair wrote:No is now the answer it seems...

And now it's "yes"! :D

LAA wrote:LAA and AEROBILITY ARE BUYING THE BEERS AT THE LAA GRASSROOTS FLY IN!

You may have seen an earlier message about the absence of evening bar facilities & come up with a plan.

Aerobility and the LAA are buying the beers! We are acquiring a supply of Beer direct from the Brewery, which will be on tap from 6.30pm on Friday evening. The beer is free, but we request that generous donations are made in lieu, to the Aerobility charity.

Donation buckets will be provided!

Thanks

LAA

PS @matspart3 - I shall come for a chat on Saturday. I have a cunning plan. ;)