Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
If you're reading this, the new shiny website is live and in its four-week public beta phase! It's been a long and at times somewhat tortuous process, but everyone on the team has worked their socks off to get to this point. A huge thanks from me to everyone who's helped get this over the line.

Apart from the free landing fees and FLYER Club benefits, everything is open to everyone during public beta, and we'd love for you to have a good look at all of the content we've uploaded. You'll find hundreds of columns and features as well as reviews and news items, all in a new web format, and all fully responsive, so they should look just as good on mobile as they do on desktop.

If you're heading somewhere without internet, you can also download PDFs of complete issues (back issues are in the traditional magazine style, future issues will be in our new web format) to enjoy offline.

Being a public beta, there may be a few snags - so if you find anything that doesn't work, or doesn't look right, could you please leave a comment in the viewtopic.php?f=2&t=121057
thread in the Airportal and Magazine Forum? We'll work our way through them over the next few weeks.

The new site has single sign-on. That means that when you sign in, you'll be signing in to both the club (if you are a member) and the forum (you can sign in with either your email address or your username. If you can’t remember your password, the reset password function will help you set a new one. It does require a long password, but it's possible to use random words, so cessna.doors.are.Pipers for example (obviously don't use that one :-))

Talking of memberships, we'd love to have you on board. We're a small group of passionate aviators and communicators, and, well, frankly we can't do it without your support. There are three levels from Basic (free) to Member (£52/yr). We think that the equivalent of £1 a week is great value, but while we are in beta you can sign up as a member for just £30 for the first year (existing members will also get the next year for £30). Please consider joining, we'd really love to have you with us. You can sign up here (insert link)

Thanks again to the team for their hard work, and to everyone out there for their support. We look forward to seeing you online during a livestream, or better still at a fly-in or at one of the member events we have planned.

Ian

PS Yes, we know there's speed issues, we're working on that right now
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Delighted to see you go live, I know from long experience how stressful and frustrating it can be, but the new format looks very good indeed. Hopefully we won't find too many bugs :D
By TopCat
Likewise, I know how a big launch of new tech can be.

So far, so good. I've been a member of other forums in the past where they release a big "improvement", and it's just been a hideous mess.

But my initial impression, at least of the aesthetics, is positive. I'll add to the snags thread if I find anything.

:thumleft:
By PeteSpencer
I seem to be paying £7.50 a quarter still : I assume you will notify me when my ‘existing members are £30’ period is up , and give me the alternative of upgrading?
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Great question. Yes, everyone currently on the £7.50 a quarter deal will remain there for the next year, we'll then be emailing with all of your options.

For now all you have to do is enjoy the content :-)

Thanks
By tnowak
I have noticed that there are quite a few posts that don't have any content text. Only the subject is visible and the poster's name.
Is this all to do with the migration from old to new website?
Tony
By JonBoy
Hi, Well done on your (continuing) hard work! I’m an existing member, paying annually and was paid up until December 2022. When I log in now to the new system my “dashboard” shows my membership to be “Basic” for £0 with no way of seeing previous payment/ membership records. Is that to be expected at this stage of your technological advancements? Cheers!
By BoeingBoy
Nice to have you back....

Noted so far:

1. Imgur uploads don't seem to work. I have submitted a photo (tried downsizing it) to the Trip Forum but only the [img] link is shown.
See;
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=120586&p=1907492#p1907492

2. Clicking anywhere in the page mainframe doesn't enable scrolling. I have to go over the to the tab bar to move the page up and down.
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
JonBoy wrote:
> Hi, Well done on your (continuing) hard work! I’m an existing member,
> paying annually and was paid up until December 2022. When I log in now
> to the new system my “dashboard” shows my membership to be “Basic” for £0
> with no way of seeing previous payment/ membership records. Is that to be
> expected at this stage of your technological advancements? Cheers!

Hmmm, will look into that, sorry

Ian