Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By SafetyThird
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Well done on the launch, always a harrowing time for those behind the scenes. I have a subscription until September, will my current membership run until then or does it have to be renewed sooner than that?
By PeteSpencer
Love the new scrolling PDF manageable-by-old-farts new magazine layout.

Might even return to reading the monthly magazine.......................... :thumright:

Just like to add well done on the new website layout: Well ordered and logical.

Once the minor glitches are ironed out it will be a world-beater!
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Wed Apr 13, 2022 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ArchaicRider
**Definitely not urgent**

Just signed up and the thank you page has a typo

"The normal membership price is just £52 per year, but you will have inly paid £30(or £7.50 a quarter) which we will honour for the next 12 months!"

"inly" should be "only"

Other than that, not found any issues so far, keep up the good work!

Can't find out how to turn on BBCode though! (Edit: seen other comments now and realised this issue isn't new!)

AR
Last edited by ArchaicRider on Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By johnm
A couple of minor points, The current magazine is April and I thought May was already out??

If you click on messages or notifications you will have access to the forum user control panel, but that's not clear from the button legend
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Thanks everyone, a couple of points…

Landing Fees
In order to get your name on the voucher, please log in to the site, go here https://flyer.co.uk/my-account/edit-account/ fill in your name and click save. Job done.

BB Code
It is coming back soon, so all will be normal again. Getting the forums to integrate (single sign on etc.) was a right royal pain, and there were casualties. This will also make images work again too.

Feedback
Could I ask any comments to be left on this different thread please? viewtopic.php?p=1907523#p1907523

Thanks

Ian
By JonBoy
JonBoy wrote:
> Hi, Well done on your (continuing) hard work! I’m an existing member,
> paying annually and was paid up until December 2022. When I log in now
> to the new system my “dashboard” shows my membership to be “Basic” for £0
> with no way of seeing previous payment/ membership records. Is that to be
> expected at this stage of your technological advancements? Cheers!

Hmmm, will look into that, sorry

Ian

Hi Ian, if it helps - like a few others, my name on my forum postings does not show I am a member - although I am paid up until Dec 2022. Most other people’s names does say they are Flyer Club members. Also if it helps, my subscription was originally paid through my Apple account although this was converted a while ago when you changed to fully digital. Cheers!
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
[usermention=11262]@JonBoy[/usermention] Could you have joined with a different email address to the one you use on the forum? If so, could you drop me an email to let me know what it is - thanks ics at seager dot aero

Ian
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
terry.miller wrote:
> I have renewed my subscription of £30 but I get an email every day saying
> you are 'sorry that I have left and please rejoin'!!

Thanks for renewing, and thanks for letting us know. I realise it doesn't help, but that's a known issue that we are working on.

Brgds

Ian
By Mz Hedy
G-BLEW wrote:
> Thanks for renewing, and thanks for letting us know. I realise it doesn't help, but
> that's a known issue that we are working on.
>

Maybe you could publish somewhere a list of known issues to avoid repeat reports - maybe even highlight those currently being worked on.
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
That would be ideal, but in all honesty we are flat out working on fixes, continuing to create content and getting ready for AERO next week.

Thanks

Ian
By Red
Nothing works for me

Aargh as soon as said that I knew it would

seriously though Ive been trying to post all day in GA section and it hasnt worked, ill go back and try now
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Red wrote:Nothing works for me

Aargh as soon as said that I knew it would

seriously though Ive been trying to post all day in GA section and it hasnt worked, ill go back and try now

Working OK now?

Ian
By Red
Yea it was probably working for plain text all along, but I was trying to upload and post an image and if I try to do that it just borks and sends me to a blank page.