Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Nope, not at all - we were hoping to have them sorted last week, but didn't get there, we're continuing to work on it.

Thanks

Ian
By TopCat
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
G-BLEW wrote:
> Nope, not at all - we were hoping to have them sorted last week, but didn't
> get there, we're continuing to work on it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian

Any ETA on BBCode?

I would also be very interested to understand why it can't just be switched back on - what is the actual obstacle?

I hesitate to use the words 'just' and 'surely' in the same sentence, with anything to do with IT, but it's a standard feature of phpBB is it not?
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
Over the years the forums have been modified, and they're now better integrated with single sign on, and various links to membership etc .

As part of the change we moved servers and upgraded various bits of software. The risk of just turning something on is that it breaks something else. Hence the desire to properly test.

Getting the forums back to their previous functionality has a high priority, but it is not the only thing the team is working on.

Thanks

Ian
By TopCat
G-BLEW wrote:

> Getting the forums back to their previous functionality has a high
> priority,

Clearly not a very high priority. Frankly, it's **** at the moment, and it's been so for a month. It feels to me like there's been some bad planning, borked integration, or both.

I don't know about others, but I visit the forum nearly every day, but I read all your new shiny stuff only occasionally.
By GrahamB
TopCat wrote:
> G-BLEW wrote:
>
> > Getting the forums back to their previous functionality has a high
> > priority,
>
> Clearly not a very high priority. Frankly, it's **** at the moment, and it's been so
> for a month. It feels to me like there's been some bad planning, borked integration,
> or both.
>
> I don't know about others, but I visit the forum nearly every day, but I read all
> your new shiny stuff only occasionally.

If there was a ‘like’ button visible on my iPad view of the forum I’d have pressed it. :(
By johnm
[usermention=1194]@GrahamB[/usermention] wrote:

"If there was a ‘like’ button visible on my iPad view of the forum I’d have pressed it. "
If you tap to left of the edit icon you'll find it works even though it's invisible :-)
By GrahamB
johnm wrote:
> [usermention=1194]@GrahamB[/usermention] wrote:
>
> "If there was a ‘like’ button visible on my iPad view of the forum I’d
> have pressed it. "
> If you tap to left of the edit icon you'll find it works even though it's
> invisible :-)

Not always! For me, sometimes that works and sometimes not. Either way, it’s not how it should be.
By johnm
I was going to like the previous post and now the like icon has disappeared in Firefox :-(
By skydriller
TopCat wrote:
> I don't know about others, but I visit the forum nearly every day, but I read all
> your new shiny stuff only occasionally.

I highly suspect that this whole improvement drive is about trying to change that... ie to entice you to look at the other stuff more...
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
We would clearly like everyone to look at everything, but no. the change wasn't driven by trying to get the forumites who rarely stray outside these screens to do so.

Ian
PS There are tens of thousands of people who look at the 'shiny stuff' but who never look at the forums too.
By Rob P
johnm wrote:
> I was going to like the previous post and now the like icon has disappeared
> in Firefox :-(

The Like button has disappeared altogether on cellphones, but stabbing a finger where it used to be works anyway :?

Rob P
By TopCat
G-BLEW wrote:

> PS There are tens of thousands of people who look at the 'shiny stuff' but
> who never look at the forums too.

Far be it from me to suggest that I have any right to influence your business priorities.

I still think the forum is **** at the moment though. :thumright:
By G-BLEW
Boss Man  Boss Man
I'm not best pleased that it's not working fully either.

You may not believe me, but it is our top priority and we are working on it.

There's not much else that I can say or do right now.

Sorry

Ian
By Hooligan
Believe me, this has gone waaaayyyy better than a refurb of another forum to which I used to contribute regularly and finally withdrew from after the owners made a complete pig's ear out of a silk purse. The issues on here seem to me to be relatively minor, the forum mostly still works well and the team are acknowledging and addressing them! Or perhaps my legendary impatience has moderated in recent years... :-)