Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Spet0789
Flightradar24 shows a helicopter flying a search pattern mid channel, roughly on a track between Shoreham and Le Touquet. Fingers crossed but cold water in the channel at this time of year.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Everybody, I have split a couple of posts to Admin which speculated on the identity of the aircraft concerned.

That's not something we encourage as it could inadvertently cause unintentional distress, and indeed may not be accurate.

Thanks for your understanding.

What a tragic event. :(
Kemble Pitts liked this
By Rob P
"When you cross like this, you are supposed to have life jackets and a lifeboat on board. This is the boat that rescue teams should be looking for,” pilot Philip Cottrell, president of SEMAT, the company that operates Touque Airport, explained to La Voix Du Nord.

Rob P
I flew to LFAT yesterday, the weather in the channel wasn't ideal. Had to do a fair bit of weather avoidance as there was a few massive cells trundling through.

Can't have made S&R easy.

Very sad to hear this yesterday whilst in Le Touquet itself.
pplmeir liked this
By Rob P
A Coastguard Be200 Super King Air out of Finningley / Doncaster is now on the task.

Rob P
By JAFO
It is, obviously, a dreadful incident and my thoughts are with the families and friends of the pilot and any passengers on board.

It is, however, fascinating for me - as someone who has spent a fair amount of his life searching for things from the air - to watch the search by the drone and the HMCG aircraft on FR24. I noticed that the place where the aircraft's track stopped yesterday is between the two racetrack patterns flown by HMCG. I suppose it must be down to tides and possibly some inaccuracies in the FR24 plot.
By Peter_G
This terrible sad news must cause many of us who have flown this route (or very similar) to Le Touquet multiple times to reflect on our practice and make, if necessary, needful adjustments.
Although I await the final report, am I correct that this is the first time that this has happened in this part of the Channel since WWII?
pplmeir liked this