Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Ibra
Rob P wrote:Aren't there four-seat Jabiru and Vans?

Rob P

Are there that many 4 seat RV10s on LAA PtF? I saw some on CAA PFA and some on LAA PTF, any reason why they are split?

They are not cheap neither we are talking 250k prices and 12k£/year, fuel & oil to feed IO540 for 100h 8)
By Pilot Pete
There are many reasons for sole ownership but at least a couple or more of the big ones must be very important to you to justify it.
Renting out your toy cancels some of them out.
In that case join a syndicate, become their token 'super keen' member and assist with the running of it all if that's your thing. Save a fortune doing so.
By nallen
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
New 172S costs $486,000!

By GAFlyer4Fun
... $486k prices is probably why most of the ageing Cessna/Pipers are still being kept in service. :wink:

On second thoughts maybe that is why some UK PPLs moan about £5-£10 differential in landing fees.... they are saving up very slowly for a new aeroplane?
By Rob P
Pilot Pete wrote:There are many reasons for sole ownership but at least a couple or more of the big ones must be very important to you to justify it.

I was sole owner of the RV, but it didn't fly nearly enough and the engineering could be a lonely task. When approached on behalf of a prospective RV owner who 'might consider' a half share I was happy enough to arrange a meeting.

This was by far one of the most fortunate days of my aviation career. Now I have half a lovely, and improving, aeroplane, and a firm friend who pays for half of everything.

Rob P
Pilot Pete liked this
By Rob P
Flintstone wrote:Three pages in and nobody has invoked the three Fs?

I have seen it today. Not sure if it was this thread or not , and it's too late for me to bother checking.

Rob P
By lobstaboy
I'm wryly amused by threads like this one where folk try to use money arguments to justify how they own an aeroplane.
It doesn't matter! It's all a waste of money. The justification should simply be,"I don't care, I want to do it so I will."
:)
IO390, Dodo, JAFO and 2 others liked this
By The Kissimmee Bum
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
lobstaboy wrote:I'm wryly amused by threads like this one where folk try to use money arguments to justify how they own an aeroplane.
It doesn't matter! It's all a waste of money. The justification should simply be,"I don't care, I want to do it so I will."
:)

That's how I ended up with my aircraft. Saw it, wanted it, bought it.

It's an investment. Well perhaps not a greatly appreciating asset but it serves the purpose of preventing Mrs Bum from getting her hands on the dough and converting it into a caravan (not the Cessna type) in Wales or something similarly opposed to my idea of enjoyment.
By aerofurb
Ibra wrote:
Rob P wrote:Aren't there four-seat Jabiru and Vans?

Rob P

Are there that many 4 seat RV10s on LAA PtF? I saw some on CAA PFA and some on LAA PTF, any reason why they are split?

They are not cheap neither we are talking 250k prices and 12k£/year, fuel & oil to feed IO540 for 100h 8)

There have been 18 G-registered RV-10s and there are 12 others in build that have yet to be allocated a G-registration.

There are currently 11 holding Permits to Fly.

Two UK built RV-10s have been sold abroad.

All of the UK G-registered RV-10s are administered by the LAA.
JAFO liked this
By Rob P
I'm idly wondering what a 172 costs for 100 hours fuel and oil.

Rob P