Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By lobstaboy
PA28 wrote:
lobstaboy wrote:I'm getting worried now - well into four pages and nobody has talked about 'mission' yet...
Is the forum losing its bite?

I agree. Big difference between C150/C152 and a C172. How many people do you want to carry, how far? C172 is really only a 3 seater with approximately 120L or 2 adults and 2 children.

Oh dear. I was being sarcastic, hence the inverted commas. Sorry.

To be honest we arent answering the OPs question anymore - she (?) got that in the first few responses. But it does seem to be a good idea to point out there is a whole world of leisure flying that doesn't involve the nice Mr Cessna.

I'd add my vote with those who council against renting out your aeroplane. It's soul destroying assuming you're talking about your pride and joy. And we all know how to make a small fortune in aviation...
Stampe, Rob P, Ibra and 2 others liked this
By irishc180
If it is your first aeroplane, your maintenance costs have the potential to be on the high side unless you go to someplace that is reasonably sympathetic and values long term business. The general run of the mill is you bring a "new" aeroplane somewhere "new" and they gleefully tell you all the things the last guy missed. The safety agenda is used with broad brush strokes to justify everything, whereas safety is generally something that resides between each ear. You see many flying clubs and new owners end up as the meat in the same sandwich each year.

Insurance, fuel, hangarage are all predictable enough. If you want pricelists for standard maintenance services I can arrange by pm. Don't confuse the amount of money spent with good maintenance.
L21B liked this
By songbird
Rob P wrote:
Flintstone wrote:Three pages in and nobody has invoked the three Fs?

I have seen it today. Not sure if it was this thread or not , and it's too late for me to bother checking.

Rob P

I started the thread and chose to ignore the comment as I don’t need to rent those kind of Fs… Might have something to do with me being a 25 year old woman lol.

Planes on the other hand, I may consider renting…
Rob P liked this
By lobstaboy
Flintstone wrote:
songbird wrote:Planes on the other hand, I may consider renting…

Carpentry?

:D

Oh come on, that needs explanation.
@songbird the flyer forum has a unique strand of what we like to think is wit.
So you need to know that they are aeroplanes, maybe aircraft or even airplanes at a pinch. But they are never, ever planes.
That's a wood working tool.
(Some folk say that 'planes is ok. But don't listen to them)
By Rob P
I'm not sure pinching people makes them American :scratch:

Rob P
Pilot Pete liked this
By A4 Pacific
lobstaboy wrote:
Flintstone wrote:
songbird wrote:Planes on the other hand, I may consider renting…

Carpentry?

:D

Oh come on, that needs explanation.
@songbird the flyer forum has a unique strand of what we like to think is wit.
So you need to know that they are aeroplanes, maybe aircraft or even airplanes at a pinch. But they are never, ever planes.
That's a wood working tool.
(Some folk say that 'planes is ok. But don't listen to them)

What about ‘kites’?

It was good enough for Flasheart!

“Always treat your kite like you treat your woman!”

WOOF!!!! :twisted:
By Flintstone
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:I'm not sure pinching people makes them American :scratch:

Rob P

What about nipping? Or nips?

Am I allowed to write that?