Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By ROG
Anyone out there been to Norwich lately in a cessna 172, cherokee180 types
Just wondered what total bill was.. Any problems?
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
ROG wrote:Anyone out there been to Norwich lately in a cessna 172, cherokee180 types
Just wondered what total bill was.. Any problems?

£43 last August for the arrer.

No problems.
By Pilot Pete
Always considered the team to be very welcoming and helpful at Norwich.
Fuel was a little dear last summer but that's not Saxon's fault.
By Trent772
£445, for a 20 minute stay today........... :pale:

ATC were brilliant though btw.
tr7v8 liked this
By ChrisT
Trent772 wrote:£445, for a 20 minute stay today........... :pale:

Guess this was in something a bit bigger than a 172 though?? :P
By Stampe
I consider the Saxonair Norwich GA landing fee good value for the slick overall package.Running a regional airport in today’s febrile economic climate will not be cheap!
Regards Stampe
Fly Safe,Considerate,Compliant.
By PeteSpencer
Saxonair charge the same for ' handling' whether you land (and eat their biscuits) or not.Can't fault their friendly manner, though...........

£43 for radar vector ILS, low approach and go-around....... :wink:
By Trent772
ChrisT wrote:
Trent772 wrote:£445, for a 20 minute stay today........... :pale:

Guess this was in something a bit bigger than a 172 though?? :P

PC-12
By Rob P
Confession here from a Norfolk flyer.

I've never flown to Norwich.

Rob P
By SteakAndAle
We go there often to visit the in-laws. The trick is to make the most of the fancy biscuits in the waiting room to get your money's worth :D

As above, around the £40 mark for a typical GA plane, but very friendly & slick service. They even complimented me on a pretty stiff crosswind landing, and I appreciated the flattery :lol:

The fuel is excruciating, in November I paid £2.50/L (incl VAT). They were apologetic! I did ask about possibility of fuelling at the flight school, but no joy - apparently it's the airport that sets the prices.
By Rob P
Having no relatives there means there's very little incentive to visit. It's the best part of a ten minute flight from base, so hardly worth opening the hangar doors for.

Having been grabbed a couple of times by ATC when using their listening squawk I have given up and just contact them for a traffic service these days, and very good they are.

Rob P
By lobstaboy
Rob P wrote:Having been grabbed a couple of times by ATC when using their listening squawk I have given up and just contact them for a traffic service these days, and very good they are.

Rob P

Traffic service! Ooh, there's posh.
No transponder so basic only for me. I'm happy with that - at least they can call to ask where I am when there's a helicopter coasting in. It's amusing how different ATCOs have different tolerance levels to not knowing where you are exactly in that situation :)