Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By marioair
Anyone know if the airstrip is available outside of horse trials weekends ? Been ringing the numbers on the site but no answer!
By Iceman
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Pooleys gives three numbers. Which one are you trying ? I’ve only ever been in for the trials but understood it to be available at other times.

Iceman 8)
By Iceman
And was it a positive result ?

Here’s hoping that the horse trials will return this year. Always a great day out.

Iceman 8)
Pete L liked this
By Flyingfemme
Iceman wrote:And was it a positive result ?

Here’s hoping that the horse trials will return this year. Always a great day out.

Iceman 8)

Especially the buts where you fly in, and out, over the traffic jams!
Iceman, leiafee liked this
By marioair
Iceman wrote:And was it a positive result ?

Iceman 8)

Yes! I'm going outside of house trials dates but Howard kindly rung me back. Will ring for PPR but it they're open with PPR
Iceman liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
Bert Presley wrote:
Iceman wrote:Here’s hoping that the horse trials will return this year. Always a great day out.

Seems a bit unfair to me. Horses have no sense of right and wrong.

Though donkeys have a sense of humour when it comes to dogs getting zapped on an electric fence.

Iceman, Spooky liked this
By Lefty
They used to have an annual fly-in but it got a little out of control with some pretty dodgy flying and a few accidents - so they stopped it.
By sssdu01
Unfortunately an Ikarus C42 isnt allowed to PPR as its a microlight. Apparently some microlight muppet said something nasty to her ladyship, and she placed a ban on all microlights.

Its annoying as its one of the few we havnt been able to visit in our local area :pale: