Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
What a great resource YouTube is

The other day through some idiocy that was all my own I found myself stuck outside the hangar with the stupid electronic parking brake on the car locked solid.

In the 45 minutes it took for the nice man in a van to come and sort it out I was able to establish how to fix it, but was unable to accomplish it. I explained the process to the chap once he arrived and I was on my way in about four minutes.

Rob P

Big 'up' to the roadside service that comes bundled with my Nationwide bank account. It's the first time I had used it and it worked fine.
StratoTramp, Dave W, mick w and 2 others liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:The other day through some idiocy that was all my own I found myself stuck outside the hangar with the stupid electronic parking brake on the car locked solid.

This is a known fault with the S type if you spin the wheels. It's happened to me a couple of times after driving in the snow. First time it happened I didn't know about it, had the car towed, and the garage put on all new electric brake parts, costing me £600. Second time, I had researched it and the RAC man used his super scan tool to log on to my parking brake module and reset it.

There's a service bulletin out on it in the US and a new software version to load, but even with quoting the SB number, no UK Jaguar dealer has ever heard of it or the software fix, telling me my software it all up to date. So now I just try not to spin the wheels (it's to do with the traction control).
Rob P liked this
I'll dig out the YouTube for you later. No scanner or reset needed. Two connectors in the module unplugged then plugged in after a few seconds. Engine off, restart, cycle the brake, sorted.

Rob P
Paul_Sengupta liked this
By PeteSpencer
Dave W wrote:Any good?

There seem to be a few other YouTube videos on the subject if that's no good.

Saved for future reference My DCs are 25 years old so I guess new gel seals may be needed soon….
By TheFarmer
A mouse chewed mine in the hangar @PeteSpencer. It looked like he had orgasmed all over the table when he’d finished. That gel is horrible stuff.
By Iceman
I once had one split on me in flight. Feeling something runny near my ear, you instinctively put your hand up to feel and get that covered too. Somewhat messy ! I got a full replacement for the ear piece.

Iceman 8)