Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By PaulSS
Well, at least it is a genuine rule, rather than ‘a mate down the pub said’.

I probably won’t ever have a need for it. The the N-reg Corsair I want will be transferred to G-reg when I get it and before I go flying at night (with no passengers……obviously) :D
By Ibra
Thanks for that one, does it apply to aircraft or licence?

I am sure you can fly N-reg tailwheel with UK PPL in UK airspace without 3 takeoff & landings in TW but if you fly it outside UK on FAA PPL you will need to comply with 3 TnL in TW every 90 days...
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
PaulSS wrote:Interesting, Crash, where is that stated? Genuine question as I can see no sense in that whatsoever (but know that sometimes this makes no difference). Putting the tailwheel on the ground is no different to doing the same with the nosewheel.

Risk of ground looping in the rollout, presumably, with fewer visual references for subtle anticipatory prods keeping it straight.
By kanga
Dave W wrote:It's an FAA rule ..

(ii) The required takeoffs and landings were performed in an aircraft of the same category, class, and type (if a type rating is required), and, if the aircraft to be flown is an airplane with a tailwheel, the takeoffs and landings must have been made to a full stop in an airplane with a tailwheel.

.. ah, so tailskids and tailskis are not covered .. :wink:

[and fullstops on floats are tricky, except at the dock or beach :) ]
Ibra liked this