Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
I congratulated myself on getting the whole Cellma stuff set up, working, and applied for a class 2 medical and paid the CAA fee. I then booked the appointment for about 3 weeks before the expiry of my old one, which is mid April.

I’m now thinking that I filled in the online application too soon and it will have to be done again before the medical, as the latter is still 2 months away.

At worst I guess I’ve wasted £8… but will the application I’ve already completed 'time out' by late March?
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
If there is something which has changed since you have filled out the form, you just tell the AME at the time of the medical and together you can make the change required; but is it not possible, idk as I have never yet filled out that part of Cellma, to go back in and make the relevant changes?
By PeteSpencer
I filled my Cellma form out a month before my class 2 expiry date : at the time I couldn’t get a medical appointment at all but finally got an appt a week before expiry ie three weeks after filling the form .I decided to leave it as the only difference was my flight hours total.

I mentioned this to AME at beginning of consultation but all I got was a bollocking for not requesting a ‘Class 2 IR medical’. Wtf?

Fortunately I had a print out in which IR was mentioned twice .

A thoroughly unpleasant medical and a licence which required re issue as even though audiogram was not due all references to previous audiograms was omitted making me technically illegal if rampcheckef for an IFR flight .

Not sure it I’ll return for next years medical .
By WelshRichy
NDB_hold wrote:At worst I guess I’ve wasted £8… but will the application I’ve already completed 'time out' by late March?

I can’t answer the question but I hope not as I filled mine in and paid the £8 early December and can’t get a medical appointment until late February. My old AME stopped doing medicals due to Cellma and we have a lack of AMEs around these parts now thus the long wait.
By Flyin'Dutch'
With the C19 management the opportunity to come to the UK do regular sessions has all but vanished and Celllma and its training is a work of the devil, however I decided that a crappy computer system was not going to be a career determinant so done the training and use it.

It is god-awful, and unless AME work is your income mainstay or you are a foolhardy it makes sense to jack it in.
By JonathanB
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:but is it not possible, idk as I have never yet filled out that part of Cellma, to go back in and make the relevant changes?

I don’t think this was answered - No, you can’t go back and change anything after submission (I did mine a couple of months early last year as well)
I agree, you cannot go back and change anything after submission.

I did the cellma thing in advance to make sure it worked as it was a faff. Then between submission and my medical appointment I went to my optician and my prescription changed, damn. Anyway I told my AME at my medical and all was fine.