Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By RisePilot
My AME retired last year and I’m now seeking a new AME in or around London. I’ve had two suggested:

Dr Sheena McRae, Roodlane Medical
Dr Chris King, Centreline Aviation

Any feedback on these and/or alternate suggestions. I’m seeking a real AME, not just one of the Gatwick style “medical factories”. So someone adept, connected and conversant in dealing with the CAA.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I've wondered for a couple of years now whether the developing scarcity of AMEs is going to become a real issue for pilots in the UK before long.

Fortunately after my last one retired last year I found an excellent new one not too far from home, but there wasn't a lot of choice.
Iceman wrote:I use Dr. Tallent of the Brookdale Medical Centre, Horley, although you might consider him to be one of the ‘Gatwick Medical Factories’. Iceman 8)

I do indeed. I used him one year and made a note not to visit there again.
By patowalker
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Iceman wrote:I use Dr. Tallent of the Brookdale Medical Centre, Horley, although you might consider him to be one of the ‘Gatwick Medical Factories’.

Iceman 8)

I go to him too, and like his no-nonsense approach. Have my FAA Class 3 and LAPL in synch, and once also my DVLA Group 2. (Don't need it, but damned if I was going to allow them to remove my lorry privileges at 70.)
Iceman liked this