Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By kanga
Flintstone wrote:Gloucester seems to be a popular choice if we can find a venue, can any of the locals suggest anything?

I assume MP3 no longer has access to the Terminal conference room, but I wonder if there's one at the ATCO college where he's now a Consultant...
By Cessna571
Came to one at Gloucester.
I’d recommend it.

There’s been a change of airfield manager at Duxford.

I can ask at Duxford if we could use the Tower briefing room if Duxford would suit others.

(Can’t promise he’ll say yes, but I can ask)

Otherwise if it’s within a couple of hours (ish) of Cambridge. Count me in.
Last edited by Cessna571 on Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Flintstone
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Cessna571 wrote:I can ask Tom at Duxford if we could use the Tower briefing room if Duxford would suit others.

Suits me so, yes please. :D

Duxford might also suit the Essex/East Anglia crowd. As with previous events we could, if necessary, invite attendees to make a donation.
PeteSpencer liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
There's a Holiday Inn just down the road from the curry place as well. There's a Premier Inn in the other direction.

Dave W wrote:Fleet Services South*
*Come on, Highways England - that darned motorway runs East/West there, for Heaven's sake.

That means there's one bit on the north side of the carriageway and one bit on the south...
By Flintstone
mcdonaldn507 wrote:We are quite interested in hosting one of these at Brize. Or Possibly Kemble was an option as they have good facilities.

You have a PM.
By PeteSpencer
Nick wrote:Yes please, Gloucester area would suit me but I am happy to fit in with what suits Flint, after all he's giving up his time for us.

Nick

Gloucester is the other side of the country for this old Suffolk boy

I’d prefer sommat closer :wink:
terryws liked this
By Jonzarno
Flintstone wrote:Gloucester seems to be a popular choice if we can find a venue, can any of the locals suggest anything?

Farnborough, I'm making enquiries.

Anywhere else?

If it would be helpful, I can offer either an AV equipped training room accommodating up to about 12 people or a boardroom for up to 10 equipped with AV and video conferencing at Edenbridge, near Sevenoaks in Kent, so workable from either Biggin Hill or Redhill.
XX, Flintstone liked this
By Smaragd
Flintstone wrote:Pete. We can do Gloucester and (say) Duxford if we can make up the numbers.

I can arrange a room at BAWA Filton, which you have visited before; could be an option for Bristol and Gloucester people.