Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Some kind offers of venue suggestions here. :thumleft:

Personally, I reckon you should all just let the ‘stone tell us where the events will be, when they’ll be, and how much they’ll be (he can’t possibly do them FOC).

Poor chap is having so many suggestions that he’s probably wondering how he’s going to keep everyone happy!
StratoTramp, Cessna571, patowalker and 3 others liked this
By PeteSpencer
I really enjoyed the last one, but distance is a consideration :
So I'll wait and see if any chosen venues (hotels/curry houses) favour E Anglian participants .
Farnborough's my max range :wink:
By Josh
Anywhere in an arc from Duxford/Kent/Farnborough. Especially if curry is involved.

There will definitely be a need to raise a glass to absent friends from previous Farnborough events.
Iceman, Dave W liked this
By Iceman
Indeed, I’ll always remember Whiskey Kilo Wanderer’s solution to the accommodation issue - just bring along your camper van and park it in the lay-by opposite the curry house :thumright:.

Iceman 8)
Dave W, XX, Sooty25 liked this
By Flintstone
T6Harvard wrote:...will there be anywhere a bit further North?

There will be if someone comes up with a venue. :D

I think the easiest way to do this might be a poll-like thread with venues as options. I'll cobble something together and put it to the mods for tweaking before posting.

Bear with........bear with.........
Aerials liked this
By TheFarmer
Flintstone wrote:
T6Harvard wrote:...will there be anywhere a bit further North?

There will be if someone comes up with a venue. :D

Baby Dolls strip club in Edinburgh is good. I can probably get a private room there.

I’ll happily attend that one too. I’ll get my e-Scooter charging ready for it. :pirat:
Nick, Iceman liked this
By matspart3
matspart3 wrote:I’ll ask the question of my former employers although I’m not hopeful, if I’m honest…

I stand corrected. The Departure Lounge, where we did it before at GLO will be available, just waiting on a list of dates from the Airport… :)

….and the list of dates that the Airport can’t accommodate us is…

26th Feb
27th Feb
26th March
27th March
2nd April
3rd April
24th April
2nd May
26th June

Over to you Flinty…

From memory, I think we all chucked a few quid in to cover teas/coffees/buffet lunch and Flinstone’s curry that evening. I’d be happy to co-ordinate all of the above again, although I no longer have the power to waive landing fees…
kanga, Nick, Jonzarno and 1 others liked this
By Flintstone
Excellent.

That gives us Gloucester, White Waltham and Farnborough as definites with Kent, Duxford, Bristol and 'somewhere up north" as possibles. I'm seeing a bias toward the west though and I don't think we need all three there but a poll may sort that out.

Stand by........
By Cowshed
I attended a couple of these sessions a while back - really enjoyable and thought provoking.

I've let the rest of my group know this is hopefully in the offing (thanks Paul), and there are likely to be some takers from the group for the Gloucester one (plenty of positive noises so far).

I'd happily come along, but as I've been to a couple already I'll hold back so that I don't block places for those that haven't been before.