Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Flintstone
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I thought this would raise your pulses and blood pressure a little.

It's obviously a set up and there are at least half a dozen other videos on YT detailing the bleedin' obvious giveaways. Door already open, he's never worn a parachute before, wrong type of parachute, obvious landing sites for both aircraft and parachutist plus others.

The FAA have started an investigation and I hope they cut his 'nads off.

Trent772 liked this
Yes agree it looks like a setup but……

If he’s spreading ashes maybe you take off with door unlatched.
And if you’re a bit dim maybe you buy and old parachute and never learn how to use it and ask panic and bail ship
Finally, Maybe he thought it was a cirrus
Last edited by marioair on Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Flintstone
riverrock wrote:https://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=120363

Ahhhh, bums. Wonder why I didn't see that?

Never mind. A bit of righteous indignation never did any harm.
Bill McCarthy wrote:If it was indeed rigged and the crash set fire to the scrub, he would really be in for a roasting.

Yep all that inhospitable mountainous terrain with scrub/trees on fire - it would be difficult to put out the wild fires so he has done his bit for global warming. :wink:
I cant stop laughing at this, the previous video where some bloke trashes a Cub and burns it, and the reactions on here. Brilliantly done, greatly entertaining, far too few and far between these laughs, good on em those that can get their hands on ancient cloth and tube 80kt pointless aircraft and destroy them for the entertainment of others. I'm struggling to see what harm was done here, I can't see a forest fire? As long as he removed the wreckage then fine.
By mick w
SteveX wrote:I cant stop laughing at this, the previous video where some bloke trashes a Cub and burns it, and the reactions on here. Brilliantly done, greatly entertaining, far too few and far between these laughs, good on em those that can get their hands on ancient cloth and tube 80kt pointless aircraft and destroy them for the entertainment of others. I'm struggling to see what harm was done here, I can't see a forest fire? As long as he removed the wreckage then fine.

I just thank the lord there are very few people like you in our fraternity :roll:
Rich V, A4 Pacific, JAFO and 2 others liked this
By StratoTramp
Was this the original thread? A number of things pointed out by trent.

Door opened before "engine fails" (between shots) :roll: weird gauge mounting. "Wrong" type of parachute.
doesn't get best glide, deliberately trying to stop the prop by oscillating. Slowing down to the stall rather than glide. Plenty of landing options visible in later shots. :roll:

There is a limit to what you should do to make an interesting video for a youtube video. This is beyond it.

It's not necessarily the harm done - Ok where he is unlikely to hit anything but can't be guaranteed - longs shots do happen you can guarantee if there was a hiker down there it would of hit him despite the odds. I can remember a story of a fighter jet pilot who aimed his jet out to see before ejecting only for it to start turning back to shore - wing man had to shoot it down.

It's more the pointless waste at best. Unlikely but possible accident at worst.