Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
SteveX wrote:I cant stop laughing at this, the previous video where some bloke trashes a Cub and burns it, and the reactions on here. Brilliantly done, greatly entertaining, far too few and far between these laughs, good on em those that can get their hands on ancient cloth and tube 80kt pointless aircraft and destroy them for the entertainment of others. I'm struggling to see what harm was done here, I can't see a forest fire? As long as he removed the wreckage then fine.

You're a tw@, SteveX. We know you're not a pilot by your own admission, so you wouldn't understand FAA rules about endangerment and recklessness.
nallen, Nick, TheFarmer and 8 others liked this
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
And, on that note, I think everything that needs saying has been said. I’m not sure why that stupid video annoyed me so much, but it did.

I’m pretty sure if a similar video of obvious and deliberate vintage yacht destruction was posted on a boating forum, the reaction would be the same.

Selfish.
Attention-seeking.
A little bit thick.
Probably bullied at school.
Really small willy.

Do I agree with RobL on his assessment of SteveX ?

Yep. 100%.
Wide-Body, Rob L, lobstaboy and 8 others liked this
TheFarmer wrote:
I’m pretty sure if a similar video of obvious and deliberate vintage yacht destruction was posted on a boating forum, the reaction would be the same.

Or a 1946 Ford Tudor sedan trashed and posted on a petrol heads forum?
By Iceman
No MAYDAY call, no apparent attempt at a restart, kept nose high to stop windmilling start, no ELT fitted (aren’t they compulsory in an N-reg aircraft), no PLB carried ?

Iceman 8)
By Flintstone
Iceman wrote:No MAYDAY call, no apparent attempt at a restart, kept nose high to stop windmilling start, no ELT fitted (aren’t they compulsory in an N-reg aircraft), no PLB carried ?

Iceman 8)

I want to know why that fuel tap is hanging off the cockpit wall.
Laugh and rejoice that there is entertainment out there! I'm still laughing at the whole thing, it wasn't anyone's personal aircraft that had been stolen so why care? Didn't it run dry so there wasn't a chance of fire? Love the way he exits with his headset round his neck. Sure he'll get a talking to for his actions but it's only crumpled metal and cloth with loads more out there.
By Dave W
SteveX wrote:Didn't it run dry so there wasn't a chance of fire?

Did it, though? He's an unreliable reporter, to say the least.

BTW, is @Rob L's memory accurate? Are you not a pilot?
By Rich V
Dave W wrote:
SteveX wrote:Didn't it run dry so there wasn't a chance of fire?

Did it, though? He's an unreliable reporter, to say the least.

BTW, is @Rob L's memory accurate? Are you not a pilot?

I think @RobL has in mind the wrong Steve; the non-pilot was, erm, .... born within the sound of Bow Bells?