Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Highland Park
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I’ve failed miserably to get airborne this year so far, predominantly due to the weather (I generally can only fly at weekends) and now we have some decent weather, The Shiny Colt is now away on its annual :cry:

Ian
By WelshRichy
Cannot believe we are in March already!

Was supposed to be doing a triangular route but with car logistics (wife's car was in the car hospital and had to pick it up today, please don't talk to me about particulate filters on diesel cars!) I did manage a land away to Fife today and another 1:40 in the logbook. Takes me up 360 minutes and 1,662 remaining for the #FLY2022 challenge.

Beautiful up here in Scotland today! :D
WelshRichy wrote:Beautiful up here in Scotland today! :D

Wasn't it just. :D

I managed to get off the ground on Friday, take a look around and conclude I'd rather be on the ground. So my first flight of 2022 was one circuit on the 4th March. :roll:

I faired better on Saturday and had a flight of 40 mins and another of 1hr 20.

So I'm up and running. Although, to be honest, I'm more pleased about eventually getting off the ground than I am about achieving 2022 mins. :wink:

Yesterday was an even clearer day, a tad too windy for me though.

It was like seeing it for the first time all over again. :lol:

WelshRichy, mick w, StratoTramp and 3 others liked this
By AfricanEagle
I don't believe that only I am managing to fly.

Where is everybody?

Anyway,

I woke up at 04.00 zulu this morning, went to the airfield and took off at 05.06, two minutes before sunrise.

1000ft and the sun appeared from behind the hills in the distance, a red blob rapidly illuminating the sky, throwing long shadows over the sleeping towns and villages.

The air was immobile, the Cessna purring along hands off, a sense of peace at capturing the birth of a new day, still new and not anguished by human doings.

There is always a special magic in early morning flights,

Anyway.

Another 56 minutes added, and a sense of deep contentment of another beautiful flight to encase in my memories.
mick w, JAFO, AndyR and 2 others liked this
By StratoTramp
Managed another 155 on Saturday (305 total) Visited Kemble for the first time. We tried last year but had to turn around as lost VMC.

Enjoyed the cafe. And had a walk around the negus B747. Took this image of the club bar at the back... Not sure that's standard :lol: :wink:

https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/british ... cotswolds/

Did a silky smooth landing but was off the centre line. Seems odd landing the CT2K on a runway ~2000m long :lol: Took off from the grass. Hazey but fantastic weather otherwise. Very busy. The instructor put in the radio calls unfortunately but i took comfort in it was exactly what I would have said.

One of my cameras overheated but I might be able to string something together....

Edit:

Last edited by StratoTramp on Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
T6Harvard liked this