Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By StratoTramp
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Another 50 mins yesterday in a windy circuit at Sackville. No oil leak this time! Was satisfying as it was just on the wrong side of comfort level.

90 total so far, 1932 left (...that's almost quarter to eight).

FLYER Jonny liked this
By StratoTramp
Another 60 minutes in the skateboard. :lol: Bit of a biff about really waiting for schedules to line up for solo nav - Bringing up the rear at 150 minutes :lol: (1872 remain).

EDIT: Swapped the picture for a vid, was meant to be better but I lost all my audio & 2 cameras (turned the latter off rather than on - maybe I should make a checklist for those too) :roll:

T6Harvard liked this
By Chipmunk Carol
I'm going to visit (at least) 22 new airfields this year. I've only got 21 on my list right now. I wonder what will be my 22nd. :think:

1. Fairoaks
2. Farnborough
3. Wadswick
4. Ringstead
5. Damyns Hall
6. Fen End Farm
7. Honington
8. Wittering
9. Main Hall Farm
10. Lotmead
11. Tower Farm
12. Langham
13. Sandtoft
14. Membury
15. Hinton
16. Henstridge
17. Langar
18. Bolt Head
19. Bodmin
20. Halesland
21. Farway Common
22. ??? :think:
deltacharlie liked this
By WelshRichy
VRB_20kt wrote:Today’s 22022022.

Something very pleasing about that.

Very pleasing for me as I renewed my Class 2 today. The AME was a lot more upbeat about the significance of the date today than they were about CELLMA! At least I'm medically able to continue my route towards the 2022 minutes of flying this year... shame about the weather up here in Scotland over the past month! :lol:
By WelshRichy
Another 35 minutes of glorious turbulence at low level in the group Archer. Beautifully clear and we can even see the yellow round thing in the sky today! Smooth air above 3,000' for some practice steep turns. So far this year only 4:20 with 1,762 minutes remaining (weather has either been awful in Scotland or I've been at work!).

Next week I'm planning a on a triangular route with a couple of land away and hopefully a few laps around the circuit in the clubs Robin (if its back from its annual). Three weeks today I drive down to Tatenhill to start my FIC. :D