Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By StratoTramp
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Got my Solo Navigation exercise Tomorrow AM hopefully. Sackville, Leicester, Fenland, return.

Hopefully another 120 minutes or so if I keep -12⁰ (turbo mode) flaps off. :lol:

I don't think I am going to make 2022 based on a ratio against the months. sat at 480 minutes ish currently. So I'm about a quarter behind!

Looking forward to FLY2023 though. The instructor may sell me the CT2K, he wants to get something easier for people to learn in.

It's been fantastic to have a goal though, so thanks Flyer & community! :thumleft:
By StratoTramp
Could edit the last post, but nah! Did my Solo Nav today, 121 more minutes.
Sackville Farm > Leicester > Fenland >Back

I did use -12 flaps from Fenland back to Sackville so that sped me up quite a bit!

Some interesting landings for what should be quite simple

601 Minutes Total
By Javed Rahman
Made it to my 2022 minutes. Went north for the LAA Scottish Tour one week and south to Perpignan the following week. Landed at Glenforsa, and up the great glen during the LAA tour. Made an approach into Barra as well but did not land (runway was very wet). Also crossed 100 airfields visited and 500hrs flying. :) Hopefully will do another 2022 minutes. :D
StratoTramp, UncleT, T6Harvard and 3 others liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
I filled in my logbook a couple of days ago and found that I passed it somewhen, though I don't have it handy now to work out where and doing what.

Anything significant for me or particularly interesting for other people? Don't think so. Though I've enjoyed it! I suppose reasonably poignant would be taking a terminally ill ex-RAF avionics chap on a bucket list flight in a Bulldog, and flying a Project Propeller veteran to the last ever PP event.
UncleT, Iceman, WelshRichy and 3 others liked this
By townleyc
Paul_Sengupta wrote:Strange coincidence, I posted the last post at 22:22! :D

"Wed Jun 29, 2022 22:22"

Late as ever - should have been two hours earlier :D

KE
By graham.horder
Haven't quite got there so far this year, but will add another few more minutes to this year's total when I celebrate the 60th anniversary of my first solo at Thruxton in Jackaroo G-AOEX.
Sadly no Jackaroo is available so will have to do it in my Condor.
Dave W, UncleT, Iceman and 4 others liked this