Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By JoshAntBrown
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I started training towards my PPL back in April last year and managed to get quite fortunate with the weather and get 34 hours and 30 minutes in total in 2021. Can only hope I manage to get as much in this year!

This year I'm planning to finish off the PPL, my first flight of the year was my qualifying cross-country on the 2nd Jan and now just getting the hours in ahead of booking in my skills test.

After that it'll become a case of dreams vs reality, I don't have the time nor money to build and fly my own plane (I will unfortunately have to keep dreaming about that for now) , but for this year hoping to attend a few fly-ins, go on a few trips, and of course keep on learning.
StratoTramp, T6Harvard liked this
By deltacharlie
FLYER Team Member  FLYER Team Member
Re: Flyer's FLY2022 Challenge#1893784
By kylemillett - 15 Jan 2022 21:41
Any update on this? Is there a leader board or a tally chart? :lol:

That's a great idea. Any suggestions on how to achieve that? I've looked up off-the-shelf 'league table' designs but they are orientated towards club football :shock:
By WelshRichy
I've passed the two hour mark and am at 2:10 for this year (so far). Managed a trip to the beautiful Oban on Monday (50m each way) and had some daylight left when I arrived back at base so did another half an hour in the circuit. Only another 1,892 minutes to go...
StratoTramp liked this
By WelshRichy
My week on annual leave has been rather good and today I managed another 1:35 towards the target. With a wee trip to Islay and return that is me up to 3:45 (225) with 1,797 minutes remaining.
By StratoTramp
Well managed 40 minutes... :roll: First flight of the year and first for about 6 weeks. Let's hope the remainder of the year is better.

I suppose on the bright side I was just doing circuits with the instructor - so was in the process of landing anyway when the light came on... :lol: Just no messing up as not sure if time for go around. :cyclopsani:

EDIT: The leak appeared here, pinched seal or something - annoying as it has just been serviced after the coolant issue the other week. From looking at Rotax workshop manual I think it is an oil return tube. Owner is going to get the 'rotax guy' back again. Might read the whole thing for CPD. I suppose can never know enough about the aircraft

1982 Minutes to go.
Last edited by StratoTramp on Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:47 pm, edited 9 times in total.
By kylemillett
deltacharlie wrote:Re: Flyer's FLY2022 Challenge#1893784
By kylemillett - 15 Jan 2022 21:41
Any update on this? Is there a leader board or a tally chart? :lol:

That's a great idea. Any suggestions on how to achieve that? I've looked up off-the-shelf 'league table' designs but they are orientated towards club football :shock:

Maybe a simple spreadsheet like they used to do the fuel tables at one point?
StratoTramp liked this
By Fellsteruk
I really like the idea of this scheme and I defo want to fly more this year.

I’ll be honest as a newly minted ppl and just over 100 hours I often find myself asking myself where now, I have a lack of inspiration for places to visit.

It would be great to have somewhere full of suggestions or ideas of places to visit.

Maybe some different airfield league tables like best place for cake, best place for a breakfast etc
StratoTramp liked this
By StratoTramp
In the Alps they used to give you little stamp cards, the stamps were up in the mountains.

Probably not something so advanced. Maybe just a pdf table of airfield names people can cross out or highlight once visited.
By leiafee
deltacharlie wrote:That's a great idea. Any suggestions on how to achieve that? I've looked up off-the-shelf 'league table' designs but they are orientated towards club football :shock:

Something like Toggl or Clockify?

Meant for tracking time on team/customer projects but seem adaptable,