Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rob P
So. Should I ditch the Eneloops or not?

Rob P
PA28 liked this
By PA28
Rob P wrote:So. Should I ditch the Eneloops or not?

Rob P

I am going to purchase 4 Smart tools 1.5V Lithium ion AAs at a vast expense of £16. I will let you know how I get on. I suspect they will be really good up until the point when they go flat with no notice.
Eneloops work OK for Bose but not long between charges.
By Ethelred
Interesting thread as I have just bought a Bose A20 with its warnings against rechargeables. Rechargeable Lithium seems a good solution, but I can't find any from a known brand name. I know Lithium batteries are susceptible to combustion and even major manufacturers have problems so I am keen to avoid "no name" products sold by far away dealers. Has anyone found a known brand rechargeable Lithium AA sold by a UK / EU dealer ?
By Genghis the Engineer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Ethelred wrote:Interesting thread as I have just bought a Bose A20 with its warnings against rechargeables. Rechargeable Lithium seems a good solution, but I can't find any from a known brand name. I know Lithium batteries are susceptible to combustion and even major manufacturers have problems so I am keen to avoid "no name" products sold by far away dealers. Has anyone found a known brand rechargeable Lithium AA sold by a UK / EU dealer ?

All brands are presumably known to somebody!

I've ordered a set of 4 "Kratax" batteries, based on the fact of several hundred favourable reviews on Amazon. When I've used them a bit, I'll report back.

G
By Rob P
PA28 wrote:
Rob P wrote:Eneloops work OK for Bose but not long between charges.

That has not been my experience with Lightspeed. Besides which, changing them at home after (or before) every flight would not be a major inconvenience, but neither is it something I have found necessary.

Rob P
By mpk
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I say again............from a comprehensive Which Mag. test that looks at retention when not in use, how long they last in medium and high drain circumstances, how many charging cycles they last, how many they last before dropping below 60% capacity..............Panasonic Eneloop Pro and Ansmann AA are the best.
Rob P liked this
By Rob P
Thank you, that is noted. My main point has also been answered, that there seems to be no way the Eneloops can destroy my Lightspeeds, despite dire threats in other makers instruction manuals.

Rob P
By Rob P
^^^^^ £7 for a four pack, online purchase with home delivery available.

Totals £11 delivered.

Rob P
By Rob P
Dear lord! I could never envisage being an IKEA loyalty card holder. The last time I was there was 2003.

Rob P