Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Germany would not be Germany if they had rules for everything but also a department charged with the oversight of these rules.

One of these is the department tasked with investigating business to ensure they are not involved in kartel activities.

Bose has been found guilty of this practise (I think we all knew or at least suspected it) and they have been fined by the Germans 7 million Euros.

Maybe their prices will become a bit more 'market sensitive' and bring not just their prices down but no doubt it would also apply a downward stimulus for other top brand and specced ANR headsets.

For those able to read German or being a dab hand at Google Translate:

https://www.golem.de/news/kopfhoerer-un ... 61532.html
patowalker liked this
By Sir Morley Steven
I have been suspecting this for a while.
Bose have been refusing to send us headsets for display for years. We could easily sell loads of them.
P*****s say they refuse to discount them and wont send out display sets.
I guess they might change their style a bit now.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By MikeB
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Bose has been found guilty of this practise (I think we all knew or at least suspected it) and they have been fined by the Germans 7 million Euros.

Maybe their prices will become a bit more 'market sensitive' and bring not just their prices down but no doubt it would also apply a downward stimulus for other top brand and specced ANR headsets.

I suspect a more likely outcome is a price rise here so British buyers ending up paying the fine :roll:
Peter Mundy wrote:As the UK is no longer a part of the EU there is no reason a German court decision would automatically affect UK customers.

As the UK buys its Bose Headsets from, err, Bose, and they need to try and recoup the (E)7m they've been fined, I'd assume it'll affect the UK like everywhere else.

Meantime, SEHT headsets are very nice.

G
Ben K liked this