Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Or... Crackling Bacon, Gromit.

A forumite, who should remain anonymous (but it's Flintstone) has taken up a new sideline of bacon production and kindly produced some of his specials for The Farmer and me.

But how to get the Particularly Palatable Piggy Produce from Beds to Berks and Wilts?

Well there's the post. Or parcel carriers.

But this is a GA forum, so guess what we did?

And a lovely day for it, too. We could see for miles.

Thanks to The Farmer for the lift in the fabulous loaner Super Cub, and to the Anonymous Pig Botherer (but it's Flintstone) for the fixins, the explanation of how to annoy flat-Earthers and the ever wonderful Pidgin safety announcement over lunch. (You had to be there.)

Refuelling at Top Farm - great place. :D

Swag back at Wing.

A truly excellent day - this is what GA is all about. Probably. 8)
TheFarmer, seanxair, GeorgeJLA and 17 others liked this
By Flintstone
Are we going to talk about you two getting airborne just as I arrived at Top Farm by road, leaving me to explain why you'd not paid for your fuel?

:wink:
By Flintstone
How about a Spring 2022 Bacon Butty Fly-In?

There'll be:

Streaky sweet cure unsmoked.
Back sweet cure unsmoked.
Streaky applewood smoked.
Back applewood smoked.
Streaky oak smoked.
Back oak smoked.
Streaky cherry smoked.
Back cherry smoked.
Streaky/back smoked (applewood/oak/cherry) with cracked black pepper.
Streaky/back smoked (applewood/oak/cherry) with lemon pepper.
Streaky/back smoked (applewood/oak/cherry) with cracked black pepper, juniper and bay leaves.
Streaky/back smoked (applewood/oak/cherry) with cracked black pepper and chilli.
(Real) maple sauce flavoured with any or all of the above.

Bespoke orders taken, two weeks in advance.

Available in white bread, braaan bread, baguette, brioche (my favourite) or for those looking to cut out carbs streaky bacon between two slices of back bacon.

Tea and crappy instant coffee in Greta Thunberg unfriendly polystyrene cups made from the hot water urn on a folding table covered in splashed milk, spilled sugar, discarded tea bags and used cups.
seanxair, mick w, T6Harvard and 13 others liked this
By Hooligan
'PZJ? I think I recall that as a tug at the Nationals at Lasham which my school's music master very kindly took me to in 1978 cos I was dead keen - blurry hell! And you people show me a pic of a fondly recalled aviation artefact alongside bacon? Mmmmmmmmm...
By Rob L
I'm a bit miffed.

I made a special flight two weeks ago to a certain grass strip to meet a certain Forumite (beginning with F) to pay his next months mortgage and only NOW he's offering proper bacon? :shock:
By Flintstone
Ah yes......now..........indeed..........about that..........errrrr................. OH LOOK! A SQUIRREL!!!

<departs stage left pursued by a bear>