Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Milty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I’ve enjoyed reading this story. As a newbie, I have been wondering what to do when I qualify. Nice simple answer now is ‘pop out for some bacon for breakfast tomorrow’. I wonder if the wife will understand why it took so long when we live 5mins from Tesco.
Dave W, Flintstone, T6Harvard and 2 others liked this
By Dave W
Milty wrote:Nice simple answer now is ‘pop out for some bacon for breakfast tomorrow’. I wonder if the wife will understand why it took so long when we live 5mins from Tesco.

Explain to her that you'll be in good company; IIRC @Paul_Sengupta has been known to fly to the Isle of Wight to do his supermarket shopping just outside the Sandown entrance.

She won't fall for it, of course, but at least you'll have tried. :lol:
Milty, Flintstone, T6Harvard and 1 others liked this
By TheFarmer
Hey Flintstone, to keep it nice and simple you should get people to bring their own bread/rolls/panini/sourdough/vegan hippy loaf etc, and just do bacon only to go in them.

Charge everyone a fiver, and you won’t be out of pocket too. :thumleft:
Rob L, Iceman, Flintstone liked this
Enjoy bacon while it lasts - cereal prices have rocketed, producers can’t afford to feed their pigs. Half a million have been culled on the continent and some producers hers are aborting theirs in order stay afloat.