Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Tim Dawson
SkyDemon developer
I'm in the process of digitising these new rules into SkyDemon's advice today.

I reckon I may already have found a mistake in the guidance. Annex B covers flights arrival into GB, and whereas if you're coming from Ireland the rules depend upon the police designation of your arrival airfield (which makes sense), if you're coming from NI, IoM or CI the rules appear to depend on the police designation of your departure airfield. A mistake, do we think?
Dave W liked this
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
My understanding is that it is essentially unchanged (c.f. pre-2022 rules) when returning from the CTA: You must fulfil requirements of your departure airfield and of your arrival airfield which must have at least a Certificate of Agreement.

So yes, I reckon it's an error. I'll include that in my eventual response to them. Other distractions are in the way at the moment.

Annex E is going to be quite a lengthy one come 2024!
By Tim Dawson
SkyDemon developer
Dave W wrote:Other distractions are in the way at the moment.

You don't fancy popping over to Frome to help then? :D
By Tim Dawson
SkyDemon developer
I've uploaded a beta for testing. It incorporates the new GAR and police notification rules and shows them in the Warnings tab (as we have always done) for any flight departing from, or arriving into, Great Britain or Northern Ireland.

Our existing tie-in with OnlineGar.com remains unchanged and that service will facilitate both the GAR filing and police notification.
Dave W, kanga, patowalker and 1 others liked this
By Pilot Pete
Hi Tim, thanks for that, I do rely on it.
As I get older and less inclined to regularly self study the ever changing rules, the prompts available from SD are so welcome.
Dodo liked this
By phijip
Also: in the past, although this was not written in the GAR guidance, it was always said that if coming from say France to the UK, the 4 hours leadtime on the GAR would not apply if one landed at an airport which is designated for immigration and that it would be sufficient to send the GAR just before you depart (which was handy for very short notice flights).

Nowadays, in the same logic, it would now apply if landing at an airport which is designated for BOTH customs and immigration (Southend for example still has this according the GAR guidance, although with all airline services lost, it doesn't make much sense, does it?).

But is this the case? Why is this not written in the guidance document? They only ever mention this in the context of flights within the CTA and police designated airfields...
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
phijip wrote:But is this the case?

If I remember correctly, it was changed a few years ago so even if the airport you're landing at has customs and immigration you still need to submit a GAR with the required notice.